Opinions on Beyer VW in Winchester, VA?

Analogeezer

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
So I will be moving to that general area in June, and I am wondering about this dealer.

I have been using the dealership in Springfield, VA after working my way through FOUR other dealers.....man so many VW dealers suck. :mad:

I generally don't use dealership service for my cars (as they generally suck) but the dieselogate thing started happening right around the time the warranty was expiring.

I kept my car and got the compensation package and the warranty extended way out to like 120k.

This dealership in Winchester will be only 10 miles from my new house the dealership in Springfield would be almost 90 miles away.

Online reviews of the place seem to be highly positive but are mostly about the Volvo service (it is a combined VW/Volvo dealer).

If anybody has used this dealership or has an opinion about it that would be great.

Thanks!

Analogeezer

nforkvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI Jetta 6 Speed Manual / Gray, 2009 VW Jetta TDI 6 speed manual / Red,
Talbot Motors in Berryville, Mark the owner there, has been repairing and servicing my VW TDIs for several years now, very good mechanic and prices are more than reasonable.

Analogeezer

Veteran Member
TDI
Talbot Motors in Berryville, Mark the owner there, has been repairing and servicing my VW TDIs for several years now, very good mechanic and prices are more than reasonable.
Wow thanks for that tip, I have a local indy I use for stuff on my other cars I don't want to (or lack the skills) to do.

If they service BMW's I take it they might do MINI too? My wife has one hence the question.

Even if I stick with the dealerships for now I was going to bail at the 120,000 mark when it's time for the TB service.

Thanks!

Analogeezer

nforkvw

Veteran Member
TDI
He works on any german cars, gas or diesel, though he specializes in diesels. He is off of RT340, just south of Berryville on the Right, you will see Tripps Used car lot on the left and Mark is about a half mile past them on the right, he has a small house on the left side of his property and a large garage on the right side, you'll see half dozen or so cars there that he is working on. Super cool guy, you could stop by there anytime and meet him.

Last edited:

Analogeezer

Veteran Member
TDI
He works on any german cars, gas or diesel, though he specializes in diesels. He is off of RT340, just south of Berryville on the Right, you will see Tripps Used car lot on the left and Mark is about a half mile past them on the right, he has a small house on the left side of his property and a large garage on the right side, you'll see half dozen or so cars there that he is working on. Super cool guy, you could stop by there anytime and meet him.
Wow that is awesome, thanks so much for the tip!

The MINI does not get driven a lot, coming up on 10 years of ownership and only 17,000 miles on it but I put it in my local indy shop every couple of years for an oil change and brake fluid flush.

They are a good shop (they mainly do Euro stuff, but also Japanese), very honest and stand by their work but they have gotten fairly expensive and sometimes they screw up some little things.....

e.g. Installed a pax side wiper arm on my Integra (they said it needed them to pass inspection) that was an inch too long, didn't reset the service reminder on the MINI after they did the oil/brake fluid flush.

Once I move though they would be nearly 60 miles away so having a good European Indy close by will be great.

Stuff like this is why I like car forums so much.

Analogeezer

skycrane

TDI
'12 Audi A3, 96 E300, 87 300SDL
PD Autowerks in Winchester is who i use. They are on the trusted Mechanics list and Jeremy the owner does alot of work on track cars as well.

nforkvw

Veteran Member
TDI
Mark is on the Trusted Mechanics list also.

PD Autowerks does Malone tunes, I will heading there in a few weeks for one of those.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Jeremy at PD Autowerks is a F--- ing a hole. He doesn't work on VW TDI any more. F that guy.

AThreeTdi

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta Tdi , 03 jetta Tdi
Funny, one of those 12 cars at Talbot Motors is mine! He works on all my cars whether it be maintance or performance TDI or gas powered! Well worth making the trip all the way from NJ.

Last edited:

VWTrek

TDI
'01 Golf TDI
I just had my timing belt properly replaced, thermostat, water pump, EGR valve all replaced by Mark @ Talbot Motors in Berryville, VA. (outside of Winchester) He specializes on VWs Awesome, job done. Very thorough and good prices.

ToxicDoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, S7, .216
So I will be moving to that general area in June, and I am wondering about this dealer.

I have been using the dealership in Springfield, VA after working my way through FOUR other dealers.....man so many VW dealers suck. :mad:

I generally don't use dealership service for my cars (as they generally suck) but the dieselogate thing started happening right around the time the warranty was expiring.

I kept my car and got the compensation package and the warranty extended way out to like 120k.

This dealership in Winchester will be only 10 miles from my new house the dealership in Springfield would be almost 90 miles away.

Online reviews of the place seem to be highly positive but are mostly about the Volvo service (it is a combined VW/Volvo dealer).

If anybody has used this dealership or has an opinion about it that would be great.

Thanks!

Analogeezer

Beyer is expen$ive. I haven't had bad service but I felt they definitely charged a premium, so I haven't gone back.

powerstrokeless

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
?

Haven't had any problems with him. He still works on TDIs. Maybe just not yours because of whatever disagreements you two have had.

Yes he does still work on TDI's.

But, he will give up on helping and diss you! I guess it depends on the car? again, there is no completion, no matter if you were a friend or foe....

I was a friend but feel a foe...

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Haven't had any problems with him. He still works on TDIs. Maybe just not yours because of whatever disagreements you two have had.
We didn't have any disagreements. That I didn't know about. I was on time for appointments never complain about the bill. He just stop returning my phone calls. I thought maybe he got in wreck at the track or something. I stopped by the shop to find out what the problem was then he told stopped working on TDI's.

That's his choice but a return call would of been nice.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
A bit further down the road in Harrisonburg is Mountain Valley Motors. They know the TDI very well.

StElmo

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Ram 2500 6.7; '15 Golf SportWagen
3.5 year bump.

So what I'm understanding (based on old intel) is if I don't do my own work then get my GSW serviced somewhere west of Haymarket, or when I'm visiting my kid at JMU.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
3.5 year bump.

So what I'm understanding (based on old intel) is if I don't do my own work then get my GSW serviced somewhere west of Haymarket, or when I'm visiting my kid at JMU.
I'd use TDI Guru Tom in Stafford if that is close to you .... he is not close to me BUT worth the drive ... He works on my TDI

Andrew