SOS*****VA TDI Mechanic****SOS

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagon
In desperate need of a TDI mechanic in the Richmond Va area. I would appreciate anyone who can point me in right direction. Recently picked up a 2004 TDI wagon and have already dumped out close to $2000 on repairs to the shop that helped me maintain my 2.slow. Currently car is undrivable because brake and night running lights stop functioning. Thought I was having electrical issues. Was told it was fixed only required $100 bucks and some "german bulbs" turns out when I got stopped by police officer last night they didn't fix it. Makes me worry about what they did when replacing valve cover anf intercooler when I took it there for state inspection.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Closest TDIClub Trusted Mechanic to you is Tom in Stafford. He's ninedee_golf_tdi on the Forums. However, since it isn't engine related, any reputable VW shop in the area should be able to fix it. Did they replace the brake light switch?

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
I work on TDIs but only part time. I'm in Caroline county. Charles at VW Rebuilders in Ashland is very good with Rd is. He can help you. 804 798 6437

VWTrek

TDI
'01 Golf TDI
If you don't mind a drive, it might be worth it to take up to Mark at Talbot Motors in Berryville, VA (near Winchester). He does great work and great prices! He did excellently work with my timing belt kit.

vajetta

TDI
'06 Jetta, '15 Golf
If you don't mind a drive, it might be worth it to take up to Mark at Talbot Motors in Berryville, VA (near Winchester). He does great work and great prices! He did excellently work with my timing belt kit.
Wow! Thanks, VWTREK! I'm in Berryville and I've got a TDI that needs some work!

Josh_K

TDI
2014 TDI Jetta Sportwagen
Wow! Thanks, VWTREK! I'm in Berryville and I've got a TDI that needs some work!
I am 5 years late on this thread, but also looking for TDI mechanic in NOVA and can't find any contact info for Mark and Talbot Motors as referenced in this post. Is he still in business? If so, I'd be grateful for contact info. Thank you.

seanboud

TDI
2013 A5 Deetle
I am 5 years late on this thread, but also looking for TDI mechanic in NOVA and can't find any contact info for Mark and Talbot Motors as referenced in this post. Is he still in business? If so, I'd be grateful for contact info. Thank you.
If you're in NOVA and can make it out to Winchester there is a superb Euro/VW mechanic out here:

PD Autowerks