Alh engine seized

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I know this is an old thread, but I'm dealing with a similar episode. Mines. 2011 golf TDI dsg. Died while idling and can't budge crank. Timing belt looks good. Pulled transmission. I need to pull dual mass clutch and then engine if it's still locked up
you need to put the timing to TDC and check things line up. a good looking belt can have missing teeth where you cant see or things can jump around.
its a completely different engine you have so i suggest starting a new thread in your cars forum area.

rbmoomba

TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG
Yes, I started a thread as well, but ran across this. I can't put it at tdc because the crank won't budge. Can't move it at all, either way.

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Yes, I started a thread as well, but ran across this. I can't put it at tdc because the crank won't budge. Can't move it at all, either way.
You also would get better support if you posted under the correct forums, this is the mkiv thread, for 1998-2005 vw's

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Engine lockup can be either trans is locked up or engine is locked up. They're two different animals the mk6 and mk4.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
If the trans is in neutral and the wheels spin freely on either side and both togeather when off the ground and the clutch not visibly destroyed or DMF then the head is probably going to come off. You can remove the timing belt as try and move other things like the water pump and cam and crank separately. It may uncover the issue.
I'm not very fimilure with these cars and their engines much so maybe you can get better directions from some more seasond expert.