2013 jsw

troutbum1971

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI sold... 2012 Jetta TDI sold 13 JSW DSG w/ sunroof
so, I am going to trade in my 2012 Jetta TDI and get a 13 JSW with sunroof no nav/ automatic

question, i want to put factory fogs.

the rear spoiler, is it a DIY pro project ?

and the splash guards can be done at home also?

vego99

TDI
2013 VW JSW TDI, 2015 VW GSW SEL TDI
What a waist of money!!!

That's quite rude! One could say the Toyota listed in your vehicle line up is a waste of money... If you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself.....

As for the fog lights. You can add them check out ecs tuning or oem plus, they both have kits avail.. From what I can see there are 2 methods of installation, one using a relay and the other using the highline cem which will allot them to be used on vehicle that have them in the factory.

I dont know much about the rear spoiler, I dont think ive seen pictures of one installed.

Good Luck on your upgrades!

-e

IMAAaron

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW - Third time's a charm
Waist of money?

The mudflaps are easy, but only easy with the wheels removed.

ValveCoverGasket

Veteran Member
TDI
colorado duramax, 1z vanagon, tdi touareg
That's quite rude! One could say the Toyota listed in your vehicle line up is a waste of money... If you don't have anything nice to say keep it to yourself.....

i assume he meant that with regards to turning in a car that was barely a year old, youre standing to lose quite a bit in the transaction.

vego99

TDI
2013 VW JSW TDI, 2015 VW GSW SEL TDI
i assume he meant that with regards to turning in a car that was barely a year old, youre standing to lose quite a bit in the transaction.

If thats the case it should have been said that way.. Came off a little snarly. :rolleyes:

In any case, all depends on what his perception is on a waste of money and/or what he bought his 12 for and what the 13 is going to cost him. I purchased a left over 2011 Golf TDI then 6 Months later sold it and bought a 13 JSW TDI with Pano for only a little extra out of my pocket.

Last edited:

ValveCoverGasket

Veteran Member
TDI
colorado duramax, 1z vanagon, tdi touareg
the high resale values of the TDIs definitely dont hurt in that sense :)

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
so, I am going to trade in my 2012 Jetta TDI and get a 13 JSW with sunroof no nav/ automatic

question, i want to put factory fogs.

the rear spoiler, is it a DIY pro project ?

and the splash guards can be done at home also?
Can you get a '13 with sunroof and no nav? You couldn't do that with a '12, you had to get both.

harrumphicus

TDI
2013 SportWagen
That's what I was going to do, the dealership said they'd swap out the stereo for me. Ended up just forgoing the sun roof as it seems like an awfully large structural gap to me. Just didn't feel safe. Fogs are running about 1000 from dealership installed, but I'm sure that's negotiable.

HJWII

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI; 2012 JSW TDI
Nah, I got the 12 with sunroof and no nav. It was on the dealer's lot, too.
I got a '12 with the sunroof and no nav, too, but I ordered mine. And, perhaps it was a waste of money to some, I had them put fog lights on my car (I am not mechanically inclined at all, and after the nail gun incident of '02, I'm not allowed near power tools). I drive through the swamps of Louisiana, and it can get real foggy real quick. And those lights do make a difference...

It took about 6 weeks for my car to come in...

troutbum1971

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI sold... 2012 Jetta TDI sold 13 JSW DSG w/ sunroof
yes, i am a big boy i know my wallet size.......

but i stand to pay a lot to ship it from here to there too....

Crawfish00

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta sportwagen, Jetta TDI
When I bought the 2012 JSW it was all or nothing. Even vw USA site didnt show it... Huh.... But on the other note: I did an oem fog light kit from ecs much cheaper than the dealer.. Took about an hour to do. The hardest part is passing the wire threw the firewall to the harnes to the euro switch. I think I was in it for 495$ aftermarket is much cheaper but wanted oem.