www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Touareg TDIs

VW Touareg TDIs This is a general discussion about Touareg TDIs. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old January 23rd, 2020, 11:59   #16
Savageman69
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowBugTDI View Post
I love it!! I would totally do this if i had a Touareg. Unless you'd never use it a rack, and maybe bull bar or something similar would look neat as well.
Yah a rack is on the list to house spare tire, light bar, traction boards and other goodies.
2012 Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Delete Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - Stage 3 Tune - 32 BFG k02s - 2.5inch Lift - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Coolers Delete
2006 Jetta TDI 5pd
Savageman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2020, 19:13   #17
Savageman69
Veteran Member

Spacers came...nice loving them so far, and cant wait for the extra 8mm rims will give me.

2012 Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Delete Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - Stage 3 Tune - 32 BFG k02s - 2.5inch Lift - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler - Full Led Swap - EGR Coolers Delete
2006 Jetta TDI 5pd
Old January 24th, 2020, 10:22   #18
Matt-98AHU
Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor

Fuel Economy: Depends on which TDI :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageman69 View Post
Yes without a doubt the t1 and t2 are way better off road, we will see how this does little ive done it handles well off road, i have ground clearance now and with the diesel and the 8 spd first is super low...not low range low but im going to put it to work....im thinking about being the first documented touareg to attempt hells gate
Thanks and i will keep this up to date
If you do plan a trip to Moab, let me know. I'd like to see what the ol 2004 V10 can do as well. And it does have the rear locker.
Old January 24th, 2020, 11:43   #19
Savageman69
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-98AHU View Post
If you do plan a trip to Moab, let me know. I'd like to see what the ol 2004 V10 can do as well. And it does have the rear locker.
That would be great, should do much better than my t3...be neat to compare
2006 Jetta TDI 5pd
Old January 25th, 2020, 20:30   #20
GlowBugTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 mpg average

nice spacers. I would kinda like to see if i could get some on my bug. I may have to try your washer idea to test fit! help save me money if it doesn't fit. i'll wait to see your rack and light bar, and any other cool stuff you do!
GlowBugTDI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:43   #21
Savageman69
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowBugTDI View Post
nice spacers. I would kinda like to see if i could get some on my bug. I may have to try your washer idea to test fit! help save me money if it doesn't fit. i'll wait to see your rack and light bar, and any other cool stuff you do!
im really impressed with blox spacers on ebay, amazing service, price and super fast shipping.

Yah washers help for a test to see how far out you want to go...im thinking about spacers on the jetta now, first time ever doing it and i love the wider look
2006 Jetta TDI 5pd