2014 MK6 Jetta TDI flashing glowplug (Like an electrical limp mode not a turbo issue)

mloecher

TDI
2014 MKvi Jetta Sedan TDI clean diesel
No Longer an issue :)

Last edited:

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
if your aftermarket radio is connected up to the k-line (diagnostic wire) it could cause ecm issues.

Pull the radio fuse, then try to read your faults

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
I would actually suggest sending it off to a tuner to see if it is salvageable. Get a tune while you are at it if it is good, and kill two birds with one stone...

mloecher

TDI
Radio was removed from car and stock placed back in. With and without it there was "no ecu connection". I'll try pulling the fuse for another diagnostic atempt - thanks

mishkaya - I'm not sure the ECM needs ny replacement - I understand that dealers suggest replacing OEM parts and throw in replacement relays and fuses for free ("Hint")

Last edited:

Black_Smoke

Veteran Member
TDI
2000, 2003 and 2014 TDI Jettas and a fairly speedy '05 Duramax
Get yourself an account at erwin.vw.com and purchase a subscription for 1 day. I think it's 30 euros. You can download the wiring diagrams for your car (as well as all the other service documentation), and start fishing through wires. If I was a betting man, I'd say you'll end up replacing your ECU unless you installed your aftermarket equipment with a hatchet.

mloecher

TDI
PurpleGrimace not very helpful, but Black_smoke thank you so much for your reply.
I did-just-that from the beginning but the wiring diagram on Erwin I got for 2014 Jetta TDI is different than mine (fuse and description) than what they give... and there is no Haynes manual out yet for this car model. When I say "different", some fuses are not there that clearly are (like a turn signal fuse) and my car doesn't have any fuse in it (but clearly stock).
... So I'm kinda in the dark.

And I don't think the ECU is bricked because very specific symptoms are not catagoristic of bricked ECUs

atl630

TDI
2015 Golf S
Maybe you fryed a can-bus controller which is preventing you from connecting to the ECU, but I am not too familar with the can-bus setup or how you would go about checking that.

Also - check out the diagram on this page:
http://www.jimellisvwparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=5149422&ukey_assembly=743473

It appears there may be more fuses/relays under the top fuse box, but again I am not really sure whats down there and have never disassembled mine.

mloecher

TDI
Great insight guys (and girls) -Thanks

Last edited:

mloecher

TDI
Bump - Car running great :)

Just had an ECU recall for TDI clean diesel - went well.
I fell back in love with my MKVI Jetta TDI -