Autotrader Guaranteed Trade In Removed

ivebeeneverywhere

TDI
2011 JSW 6MT (buyback someday)
I'm sure someone else has tried it too - they've removed all diesel VWs that are affected from the program.

Not great news, even if it was sort of a flawed program.

Anyone tried selling theirs to Carmax or another dealer that buys cars outright?

Delete

TDI
2011 Jetta
I work for a Ford dealer and we are still taking in TDI's on trade. Just took in a 2010 the other day.

BamaPeach531

TDI
2013 Passat SE
stuck with it

I tried to trade my '13 passat in last night at the Jeep branch of the same dealer I bought the VW from, the VW is right next door, and they said they cant take them. wholesale cant take them. they've basically been blocked from taking them in at all. >:/ ugh.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Try a different dealer not associated with VW. Try CarMax. Try anyone not associated with VW or sell it yourself. If all those fail you will just have to wait like everyone else. If you do sell now you will probably take a bigger hit than you thought you would and/or will later if you wait till this is resolved. Trying to dump one now is really going to cost you in my opinion.

BlackGLI

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Trying to sell your TDI now is like moving your 401(k) out of stocks in 2008, you're making a paper loss into a real loss. Only bargain hunters are going to buy your TDI right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIDEHUP

TDI
'09 Jetta
Don't jump ship yet, I spoke to a Denso drivability instructor last night and he thinks this will pass with "unlashed" vehicles being worth more in the long run. In order for the states emissions "OBD" testing gear to actually know that your car has not been updated will be to costly of an update in software and it will be status quo on tests...hang in there?

Sigforty

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat w/DSG
I'm sure someone else has tried it too - they've removed all diesel VWs that are affected from the program.
Not great news, even if it was sort of a flawed program.
Anyone tried selling theirs to Carmax or another dealer that buys cars outright?
Check Jalopnik. Someone just wrote a story about the offer they received from Carmax on a 2014 sportwagen.

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 6 speed, 2012 Passat DSG
What is up with all these people trying to trade their cars in right now? OBVIOUSLY its going to be a problem based on the scandal.

I feel like these are the same people who head to the beach when its pouring rain, hop out and start *****ing that its raining out. How is this a surprise?

Sit on the car and let things play out. For what its worth, i bought a 2012 TDI from carmax one week before this scandal and havent made a payment yet. Im not running around like a headless chicken screaming my head off because the cars took a huge depreciation hit. Things will change as soon as recall work starts taking place. In the meantime i bought the car to drive it so thats what im doing.

Seaflea

Why Sell?

I feel I must chime in. I too just bought a 2011 JSW TDI from Carmax just a month ago. Was I surprised by the news, Sure. Am I disappointed in VW, Sure. Does it change on thing in my "life routien", Hell No.

I got the car I wanted at a decent price. I've been lov'in TDI's since my first 06 Jetta TDI(still have it) and the 2011 is even better. I plan on driving my JSW for the next 8 years at least and wouldn't sell it today for more than I paid. I really like this car.

But like alot of folks I'm really don't want anybody F**cking with my ECU. I have a Certificate from the State of Georgia that says my car passed all emissions tests. Prove them wrong!

Is it unreasonable to think that not every single TDI in the SUSPECTED year range got the "doctored" software? Is it possible my TDI is really the "clean" car it was marketed as? Show me the test results of my car.

My 2 cents and some food for thought.

Happy miles, SeaFlea.

ZeroCool

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW TDI
Mine was bad timing... I am expecting a boy in February. I was also commuting 60 miles round trip give or take to my job.. I am not back in nyc so no real reason for me to keep the TDI.

I didn't want to trade it in for the Durango I bought, so I kept it and put it on Autotrader... then the VW news broke lol.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I would not worry about it to much. In the end, someone is getting a payday,

ZeroCool

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW TDI
Totally agree... I posted my TDI on here at a steep discount to what you could get at a dealer or from buying privately.

Good price for someone that wants one.. had a few queries already

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
Guys, dont you know this already that you should buy stocks when they're cheap and sell when the price is high? It seems to me that a majority of people who are paranoid about all of this are doing just the opposite. It is actually a good time to get some good deals

ZeroCool

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 VW TDI
Agree... the Pink Sheet VW securities seem to be a good option to scoop up and the dividend on the ones that are still paying is still intact.

To save cash though if VW removes the dividend on these securities I see them crashing more.

Ex.

VLKAY

Personally I am taking a longer term bet on a lot of the oil/shale/gas producers... I think the vast majority are over sold, you just have to be careful with the ones you pick.

Personally I don't want to keep paying car insurance on 3 cars... if I can offer someone on the board a good deal on my TDI then great... everyone has been helpful over the years... pay it forward? :)

ivebeeneverywhere

TDI
2011 JSW 6MT (buyback someday)
What is up with all these people trying to trade their cars in right now? OBVIOUSLY its going to be a problem based on the scandal.
I feel like these are the same people who head to the beach when its pouring rain, hop out and start *****ing that its raining out. How is this a surprise?
Sit on the car and let things play out. For what its worth, i bought a 2012 TDI from carmax one week before this scandal and havent made a payment yet. Im not running around like a headless chicken screaming my head off because the cars took a huge depreciation hit. Things will change as soon as recall work starts taking place. In the meantime i bought the car to drive it so thats what im doing.
Well, I was thinking of selling in August and didn't, so I suppose I should have acted sooner. I didn't just buy it like your 2012, and frankly the car doesn't fit my needs any longer. That's why I was looking to sell. I still have it, for the reasons so many have outlined. I'm not looking to take such a large loss prior scandal value compared to now. And I agree, as soon as the recall work starts taking place things will change. Now, 6 months later, we really don't know anything new just a lot of speculation and delay.