bew to alh swap?

btketterer

TDI
02 jetta & 13 jetta
Sorry I posted in conversions also not sure were to post this. So here is the story short version son totaled 02 golf tdi 5 speed last week since then I have acquired an 04 golf tdi shell blown motor and auto trans very cheap. since I have complete running 02 was going to swap in 04. would this just be ecu engine harness and ignition for immobilizer also dash cluster? or complete wiring harness I no about all the trans items any help would be appreciated. I live in PA so diesel is emissions exempt.

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
don't mention it to the DMV. has to be same year or newer engine for swaps.
there is a thread where he is swapping an alh into a gasser body. i haven't read the entire thing but think it would be real similar to yours and would have all the answers.

btketterer

TDI
02 jetta & 13 jetta
I looked at the harness today were it goes into car by wiper motor it has all the same connectors but bew has an extra one bew also has additional pins in plugs but has all of the same pins as the alh. my question is do matching pins in the connector do the same things in the inside of each car?

kirmet

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Galactic Blue
Curious if you successfully pulled this off? I have an 05 that the motor/cam/clutch has been a nothing but a headache. I also have a fresh O/H ALH motor, and prefer it over the BEW for efficiency and reliability reasons.

454k30

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Its been done, the gas to diesel motor swap. Like most motor swaps getting the wiring and electronics correct is the hardest part. Wiring diagrams for each system are an absolute necessity. Just because a plug fits does not mean it is pinned properly for each engine. In fact this is rarely the case.