A3 bkd engine non start 05 yr

mark66

TDI
a3
Hi im new to the forums so hello everyone now back to my problem i have 05 year A3 BKD engine was misfiring running badly engine shaking badly yesterday 20/12/15 today i went to investigate now wont start.
What i've checked are cranking over normally no unusual noises glow plug light coming on and going out.
No smoke on crank from exhaust.
Was running badly yesterday with no smoke from exhaust.
Definitely diesel in it.
Pulled electrical connectors off injectors under rocker cover and noid light was pulsing on crank.
Timing belt checked all lines up but noticed cam pulleys are fully clockwise in the end of their slots.
Tried my cheap scanner no codes or eml on.
Getting fuel spurting from fuel filter to tandem pump with ignition key on so proves lift pump in tank is good am i right in thinking possible tandem pump failure, is their anyway to test these, saw allen bolt that might be port for pressure test connection.
Anyone had this fault as cant see injectors failing so quickly.
Will start on easy start but cuts straight out so i thinking fueling fault.

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
this section is for VW A3 jettas and B4 passats, which are much older and different than your 2005 Audi

your Audi A3 with BKD engine is closer to the BHW engine in the B5.5 passats so you can look there or in the A5 jetta section.

the A3 subsection on TDIclub is actually 2010 up cars (US spec) with common rail engines

good luck