www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > West Coast Canada/USA

West Coast Canada/USA Local discussions for those on the West Coast of Canada and the US.

Old August 15th, 2017, 14:31   #1
skromfols
Veteran Member

Default Illegal Emission fix

Has anyone received the emission fix yet? VW notified me that the approved fix was ready to apply. I called my VW dealer and have an appointment for this coming Friday. They have me scheduled for 0900 and asked if I had someone to pick me up or if I would be waiting for the repair to be completed. I mentioned that the VW notice said that I would be provided a loaner if needed, and since I lived 90 miles from the dealer and the "fix" was estimated to take 4 to 6 hours that I wanted a loaner, which they agreed to.

After the "fix" has been applied I plan on putting my Malone 1.5 (or maybe the 2.0) tune on the car. We don't smog in this county unless the vehicle changes hands, and I'm never letting this little sport wagon out of my hands.

I would really like to hear from anyone who's had the fix done to see what it does to drivability. I'm afraid that they'll make it into a gutless beast.
Old August 15th, 2017, 21:55   #2
kooyajerms
grocery getter

If the Malone Tune is going back in right after, you're undoing any nonsense they implemented to the ecu. You'll be back in action without any hiccups. Get a DPF delete while you're at it.

As for the rest of us that are still stock, we may notice a drop in mpg like some posters have mentioned in the dieselgate and mk vi forum.
kooyajerms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 12:06   #3
Fletcher

Fuel Economy: SEL 2015 38 avg city and hwy; SE 2013 manual 43 avg.

Does anyone out there know if the tendency of my 2015 Passat TDI SEL to shift up early and keep the rpms down to where it feels like it's lugging is normal? Is this the result of the fix or did this model do that before the fix? Is there anyway to overcome this tendency?
Fletcher is offline   Reply With Quote