Some Oregonians know how to pump their own gas

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I'm sure those no name stations are not selling Top Tier Fuels. Google that ! Who knows what kind of Wombat Urine they are dispensing as fuel.
Well I've been using the fuel from the no-name stations for decades. They just buy it from the same 2-3 refinery tank farms as the name brands!

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I'm guessing that the people that are freaking about pumping their own, don't own electric cars.

Just a thought.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Whitedog, I like your new signature wording. I would always chuckle at your previous one, “knows how to fold a map”. I wonder if many even knew what that meant. I remember as a kid finding those maps in National Geographic for a while I could never get them refolded correctly til I sat down one day and figured it out. I haven’t see a map like those in years, I suspect it’s a lost art, like pumping your own gas in Oregon or New Jersey.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Whitedog, I like your new signature wording. I would always chuckle at your previous one, “knows how to fold a map”. I wonder if many even knew what that meant. I remember as a kid finding those maps in National Geographic for a while I could never get them refolded correctly til I sat down one day and figured it out. I haven’t see a map like those in years, I suspect it’s a lost art, like pumping your own gas in Oregon or New Jersey.
Chuckle...

Then you brought it back on topic! Awesome!

(Not that on topic is important, but well done)

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
My understanding is that only rural (usually conservative) counties are covered by the change in the law. Those in urban (usually liberal) counties are still considered not intelligent enough to pump their own gasoline. As for those Oregonians that freaked because they said they did not know how to pump gasoline, perhaps they can attend the same courses that Oregon's pump attendants do to be certified.

Of course there is the fact that motoring is covered by the interstate commerce clause of the Constitution so the Feds could say that Oregon & New Jersey law can only be applied to vehicles registered in their respective states.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Thanks. That was the funniest thing I've read today.:D

Certification classes... That's just too funny.
But how else will the Oregon bureaucracy know that the person pumping the gas can do it safely? After all, if a high school dropout can do it without a training class, then why can't the thousands of college graduates, or even millions of those who DID graduate from high school? :D

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Yeah . . . . they probably spun it into a 2 day, 12 hour, $150 certification class instead of the 6 minutes and single 'Duh!" utterance it warrants as well . . . .