Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat Comfortline TDI, DSG
Can you imagine how all of this would have played out 20+ years ago without Twitter, Facebook, and the Internet in general? Technology has made all the difference in a situation like this.

Ursadorable

TDI
2011 Golf HL 5dr TDI
"provide a settlement progress update to Canadian courts on or before July 29, 2016"

Was anyone actually foolish enough to believe it would happen before July 29th?

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
I read on a post from a Dealer meeting that there will be NO 2016's (of which I think there is 3000 of at port in Canada) and No 2017's for sale,, there is near 3000 2015;s in storage in Canada also..

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
I read on a post from a Dealer meeting that there will be NO 2016's (of which I think there is 3000 of at port in Canada) and No 2017's for sale,, there is near 3000 2015;s in storage in Canada also..
Its a shame to think that those vehicles are just sitting there rotting: I know the ones that are at dealerships are on some sort of mechanical life support right now, but it is still a shame.

joey003

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Its a shame to think that those vehicles are just sitting there rotting: I know the ones that are at dealerships are on some sort of mechanical life support right now, but it is still a shame.
Geez, didn't realize that many had been sitting since last year. What a waste.

John_Nutt

TDI
2011 Jetta Comfortline TDI with a DSG automatic 6 speed
Come on buyback. I want a different car, my Jetta is to small, was perfect when I bought it, but families grow. If the buy back calculation for the US and Canada are the same I will take it. Hopefully our numbers are a bit higher considering the fact the cars cost more here.

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you imagine the state of the vehicles that are in port, and not at dealerships? Yeeesh: seized brakes, flat-spotted tires, and the list goes on. Even if they did release them for sale, I would have my concerns about buying one: I'm sure they could fix them up but a vehicle sitting that long without any maintenance cannot be a good thing.

joey003

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Can you imagine the state of the vehicles that are in port, and not at dealerships? Yeeesh: seized brakes, flat-spotted tires, and the list goes on. Even if they did release them for sale, I would have my concerns about buying one: I'm sure they could fix them up but a vehicle sitting that long without any maintenance cannot be a good thing.
Agreed. Crazy though, had no clue they just held them at port. What an all-around stupid situation.

FVWVWF

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2012 TDI Highline Manual
As soon as someone hears something...can you post on here? Im at work...so this will be my only go-to source.

Please and thank you.

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
As soon as someone hears something...can you post on here? Im at work...so this will be my only go-to source.

Please and thank you.
Constantly scanning everything: work-from-home days are good for that. I'll second this: anyone who sees any news please post right away!

joey003

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Please and thank you.
Definitely, I'll be keeping an here all day too.

Constantly scanning everything: work-from-home days are good for that. I'll second this: anyone who sees any news please post right away!
I was wondering - is there any official place we can be watching? Or just see it as a news release at one point?

Yes!!!! Taking over the world through cultural assimmilation :).
LOL

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
I was wondering - is there any official place we can be watching? Or just see it as a news release at one point?
I'm hitting up Google Search every once in a while with "vw emissions canada" searching for updates within the last 24 hours. Also check out @vwcanadatdi on Twitter, https://www.vwemissionsinfo.ca/news-updates/, https://www.strosbergco.com/class-actions/vw/whats-new.56eab6b305eac.htm

Oh, and https://www.reddit.com/r/TDI for watching some hilarious banter.

BigWorm

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
LMFAO did thes VW mo-fuggers just remove the JULY 29 date off the canadian website? Freaking joke of a company.

BigWorm

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
^ah okay thank you I clicked on the wrong link.... Fingers crossed hopefully we all get the news we want today.