Buying Advice

0Silva1

TDI
2010 GTI DSG
Hi all,

not sure if this is the right place for this post so I apologize if I'm wrong in placing it here.

I'm looking at buying another veedub and found this 1996 Trek that happens to be very close to where I live. The owner is asking $800 as is. I am waiting on more info and some more pics as well but I was wondering what the difference is between a Trek and a Jetta and if they are notorious for any problems. When I get more info and pics I will post but I am wondering if anyone can tell me off the top of their head if it's an ok thing to buy. Here is the ad:

1996 VW TREK Limited Edition 2.0L standard. 5 spd 4 door. Tinted windows, nuspeed computer chip, eurosport short shift, ractive headers, nuspeed air box, msd ignition box (not installed, blaster coil, nuspeed lowering kit. 298 672 kms, Needs windsheild, back door locks, brakes all around.. 800.00 as is or best offer

Thanks,

Silva

vwcampin

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS TDI Auto
The difference is that when that Jetta was new, you received a roof rack and Trek mountain bike with it:D Otherwise it is like any other Jetta gasser of that era.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
I think the car had some TREK stickers, too.

I had a 1998 A3 GT. Basic 5spd + 2.sL0 motor. The car had little appeal, but proved to be good transportation and quite a bit of interior space. It was truly a simple machine and offered (consistently) very decent fuel economy...right around 30mpg in mainly "city" driving.