FS: '93 Golf With '98 AHU TDI Swap (Toronto, Ontario)

JungleMan

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
1993 VW Golf with '98 AHU TDI Swap $2300.

First and foremost, I would like to thank all the members who have helped me over the years with my Golf. But the time has come to upgrade to an MK4 TDI.

Here's the details, Please take into consideration,

The Good

'98 AHU TDI engine with 265,000km
- The following list of parts were bought from Peter at TDIPARTS.COM, and installed less than a year ago.
Timing Belt, Timing Belt Roller, Timing Belt Tensioner, Serpentine belt, Upgraded Serpentine Belt Crankshaft Pulley, Serpentine Belt Tensioner, Serpentine Belt Relay Roller, Audi TT Rear Control Arm Bushings, Motor Mount Kit (all three, rear right not installed yet.), Bilstein Touring Class Shocks And Struts, Front and rear Upper Mounts, Front and rear Bump Stops, Front and rear Dust Covers, Pressure Converter (N18) for EGR, Changeover/Wastegate Solenoid Valve N75, Mann/Bosch Fuel Filter, Relay 109, and Ignition Switch. (about $900 worth)
I had help with the timing adjustment from Wingnut. Thanks Again.

I Bought and installed H&R OE Sport Springs From an online dealer.

All the following parts bought from Perjad at Precision Tuning and installed less than a year ago.
- Outer Tie-rods, Ball joints, sway bar links, and Front Wheel Bearings less than a year ago. Just recently, (2 Months) An Original Bosch remanufactured 120 Amp Alternator with 1 year warranty and two-year roadside assistance (Transferable).

New middle and Rear Exhaust Installed a week ago on tuesday, and only used for two days. I Havn't drivin the car since thursday.

Windshield was replaced earlier in the year.

The car has an upgraded 98 Golf GTI Interior - Forward tilting Seats, door skins, handbrake console, lower glove box, and steering wheel.

I Also have the GTI Smoked Tail lights installed.

The car has never left me stranded in snow or not start in -35c weather. The TDI Engines are much more reliable for cold starts then TD models.
Michelin X-Ice Winter Tires - Fronts are near worn (Needs inner Tie-rods), Rears Are Like New.
6 month Old Battery.

The Bad

Needs rear axle bushings installed - I have the parts (Included in price)
Needs Inner Tie-rods
Needs alignment
Minor rust areas on body panels, hatch, and doors.
Rear Wiper doesn't work
Needs drivers side mirror (Loose and missing cover)
Headlights need alignment

The Ugly

The Underside on the driver and passenger side are heavily rusted.
There are holes in the floorpan and a piece of the undercarriage where the front lift points are, is missing on the drivers side.

I went to a body shop and was told it's going to cost a lot more than I wish to spend on this car. I want to upgrade to an MK4 TDI.

It has been reliable and great on diesel for almost two years when I first got it. I still average about 800km in the city, and 950km on the highway.

I have most receipts for the above mentioned parts.

Optional Stereo - Already Installed OR can remove and sell seperately $500

Eclipse CD3000 Head Unit
Sony Xplod XM-D1000P5 Mono Amplifier 900RMS @ 2 Ohms - Subwoofer
Audiobahn A4004T 4-Channel Amplifier 400RMS @ 2 Ohms - Door Speakers
2 sets of Polk Audio DB6501 6 1/2" Component Speakers 300w - Front and rear
All Wires And Cables included!

I apologize in advance for not having pictures, I will post them this afternoon, I just got home from working night shift.

You can reach me at jungleman25@hotmail.com with any questions.