will it connect? TDI in Audi A6 wagon with 2.8 v6 quattro

ta79pr

Veteran Member
TDI
02 TTQ (BEW)
I noticed the transverse mounting issue, but I was looking at an Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 V6 Quattro with an engine in pretty bad shape. Can a 1.9L VW be inserted without too much fabrication?
I recognize the need for an accelerator pedal and computer and fuel lines, but will it connect to the transmission?
Or are they just radically different configurations?

Sorry for the dumb question.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
ta79pr said:
I noticed the transverse mounting issue, but I was looking at an Audi A6 Wagon 2.8 V6 Quattro with an engine in pretty bad shape. Can a 1.9L VW be inserted without too much fabrication?
I recognize the need for an accelerator pedal and computer and fuel lines, but will it connect to the transmission?
Or are they just radically different configurations?

Sorry for the dumb question.
no fabrication needed if you obtain the following from Europe:

Engine block, oil pan, exhaust manifold, turbocharger, intake manifold,starter, transmission, air boxes, accessory mounts, drive shafts, trans computer, intercooler, exhaust downpipes, front end assembly, coolers, hoses wiring harnesses, and mounts.

The 1.9 was never installed in quattro form in the A6. It only cam in FWD.

I have a friend who owned a 1.9 tdi A6 and he said that thing was slower than many of the big trucks on the Autobahn.

ta79pr

Veteran Member
TDI
02 TTQ (BEW)
Thank you for the comments, I thought it sounded like an interesting project. However, the end result doesnt seem worth the ordeal.