2004 VW New Beetle GL 1.9L TDi Diesel Houston Texas Area 66,500 miles

TX57

TDI
2004 New Beetle
Price $5,950 cash only Odometer: 66,416 VIN: 3VWBR31C24M422313

Have had difficult time determining what fair price is as there are so few available on Craigslist, Ebay or other sites to compare, and didn’t find much Beetle sales info on this site for comparison either, but have certainly enjoyed the technical advice I have previously used. Compared to really nice vehicles I have seen on this site I feel like I am bringing my ugly sister to compete in a beauty pageant. Currently on Craigslist for my Houston area there are only two others listed, one has over 200,000 miles and the other one within $200 of my price has more than double the miles. Looked at those TDi’s in other states and found similar pricing with minimum 100,000 miles plus on them.
Cold AC, good acceleration, body is in good shape, has some small paint blemishes on the hood.

Bought car about a year ago just as a temporary interim vehicle until decided on which new vehicle to buy but found it so reliable, economical, and enjoyable to drive I procrastinated selling it. But now giving in to my boss that says no more of our executive level customers going to lunch with me in my bug and climbing in to backseat thru front passenger door.

In the less than year I've owned it have replaced plain wheels and cheap covers with new wheels and 2 new tires, new battery, Kenwood bluetooth radio for hands free phone and Pandora radio, new SunTek Carbon 35/25 window tinting with custom-fit windshield visor, new boot-shifter leather, new tail-gate struts, new key fob and installed color matched Bumper-mounted safety backup sensors. Recent VW dealership work includes new Dog-bone mount, Upper intake pipe and TDi oil service/change. Replaced forward and rear radiator thermostat/heater sensors, new VW logo emblems on hood and trunk, and cabin air filtration filter. Previous owner reported new clutch and headliner. Only known issues are bottom of driver’s side rocker panel has dent under it, seatbelt/airbag warning light stays on, door panel cards showing their age, chipped rear drink-holder, and apparently previous owner had glove box broken into which I have repaired the latch to make it functional again. Ive included the VIN number if you want to check the CarFax, when I bought the car I felt confident based on existing CarFax info that mileage was accurate.
Cash Only, as is, no warranty. Additional pictures and contact info on Craigslisting https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/6172910697.html

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Price $5,950 cash only Odometer: 66,416 VIN: 3VWBR31C24M422313

Have had difficult time determining what fair price is as there are so few available on Craigslist, Ebay or other sites to compare, and didn’t find much Beetle sales info on this site for comparison either, but have certainly enjoyed the technical advice I have previously used. Compared to really nice vehicles I have seen on this site I feel like I am bringing my ugly sister to compete in a beauty pageant. Currently on Craigslist for my Houston area there are only two others listed, one has over 200,000 miles and the other one within $200 of my price has more than double the miles. Looked at those TDi’s in other states and found similar pricing with minimum 100,000 miles plus on them.
Cold AC, good acceleration, body is in good shape, has some small paint blemishes on the hood.

Bought car about a year ago just as a temporary interim vehicle until decided on which new vehicle to buy but found it so reliable, economical, and enjoyable to drive I procrastinated selling it. But now giving in to my boss that says no more of our executive level customers going to lunch with me in my bug and climbing in to backseat thru front passenger door.

In the less than year I've owned it have replaced plain wheels and cheap covers with new wheels and 2 new tires, new battery, Kenwood bluetooth radio for hands free phone and Pandora radio, new SunTek Carbon 35/25 window tinting with custom-fit windshield visor, new boot-shifter leather, new tail-gate struts, new key fob and installed color matched Bumper-mounted safety backup sensors. Recent VW dealership work includes new Dog-bone mount, Upper intake pipe and TDi oil service/change. Replaced forward and rear radiator thermostat/heater sensors, new VW logo emblems on hood and trunk, and cabin air filtration filter. Previous owner reported new clutch and headliner. Only known issues are bottom of driver’s side rocker panel has dent under it, seatbelt/airbag warning light stays on, door panel cards showing their age, chipped rear drink-holder, and apparently previous owner had glove box broken into which I have repaired the latch to make it functional again. Ive included the VIN number if you want to check the CarFax, when I bought the car I felt confident based on existing CarFax info that mileage was accurate.
Cash Only, as is, no warranty. Additional pictures and contact info on Craigslisting https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/6172910697.html
I love it when people join and their first post is a car for sale... paging dwiesel!!

TX57

TDI
2004 New Beetle
JD, all I can say is you got me there; how dare my first post just be of my TDi for sale. All of these months I have been enjoying the wealth of knowledge shared by others on this site to allow a TDi newbie like myself learn to maintain and repair mine. Probably like most of the other non-posters that you complain about, I never found the need to post before. I didn’t previously post because rather than just begin a new unnecessary thread with a question that had been answered many times before, I instead searched previous posts for the answers needed. Now I realize that each time someone posted a vehicle for sale that didn’t interest me I could have been posting my slams of them and would have been a veteran-poster in no time.

I appreciate very much to all of those that have shared their invaluable knowledge on this site that has been of tremendous help to me. One of the most useful was the info on identifying overheating issue, to replace both temp sensor and thermostat at the same time, what parts and tools were needed, how to do the work along with a reference to another site with pics and step by step instructions of the work. But most importantly learned not to waste time removing other parts in order to get to the thermostat flange to properly turn it so could be removed damage free. To instead sacrifice the flange by pulling it straight out, making it unusable again, and just spend the few dollars for a new one.
So I have yet to have any useful information of my own to post, I just have info to share on a very low mileage TDi that might be of interest to someone on this site.