Scangauge xgauge code for dpf

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
Never tried mode 6 with scangauge

It's a long time since I have used my scangauge. I have posted the mode 6 location for DPF soot load, and Iain implemented displaying mode 6 data as gauges for his 'Torque' Android application, but I never backported it to the scangauge. See
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=464119

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, the TXD command takes the particular ECU the command is addressed to in the first two bytes, then comes the mode, and then the PID?
The DPF soot load is quite deep in the data record, so I'm not even sure the scangauge can parse that many bytes.

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I have set up a DPF gauge on my Scangauge, but so far it is just blank.
Should there be a temperature or other display, or will that only happen if/when the engine goes into the Regen mode ?

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi Jetta_Pilot, how did you set it up, and what car are you trying to read?

I really don't know whether the scangauge can read mode 6 data, but it would be interesting to find out.

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
I know, I know, never put more than one question into an email or post... ;-)
So, how did you set it up?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This is what I used for the DPF gauge. I just realized this was for older VW's ?

CAT B1S1: This is useful for monitoring regeneration activity. Anything over 900F is a regen.
TXD: 07DF013C
RXF: 0441053C0000
RXD: 2810
MTH: 00090032FFD8
NAM: DPF

From TDI page

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=360498

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh, I completely misunderstood what you meant by DPF gauge. You want one of the exhaust temperatures, which should show the temperature all the time, and will indeed tell whether the DPF is currently being regenerated. All four (or five?) of the EGT monitors should work on a 2015 Passat, including the one you listed. The values for TXD etc. agree with what works on my 2012 Sportwagon.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
For example to set up the BOOST X-Gauge I followed the destruction's I found somewhere. But I also learned that the RXD may be 3810 or even 4810 instead of 2810. Additionally you need to play with the last 2 digits in the MTH setting. I found that the last 2 digits at 64 come pretty close to reading zero at engine off.