Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
For all ya'll up in washington, keep voting those left wing tirds into office and you will keep getting what you deserve. When it gets to 5.00 a gal maybe you will get a clue. Georgia 2.92 a gal and we are *****ing. RUG is 2.56
Richard

Waldek Walrus

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Beetle TDI
Well, here out in the wilds of Central PA ULSD has hit 3.199. That is the most I have paid for diesel so far. Premium is 3.139 and RUG 2.839. Still cheaper to run the TDI.

(edited to spell ULSD right, long weekend...)

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
Richard55 said:
For all ya'll up in Washington, keep voting those left wing turds into office and you will keep getting what you deserve. When it gets to 5.00 a gal maybe you will get a clue. Georgia 2.92 a gal and we are *****ing. RUG is 2.56
Richard
Since their seems to be no political will to force a more than feasible change today to a requirement of a CAFE of 40 mpg or higher in all the US fleet $5 a gal can't get here soon enough for me at least . I for one am tired of seeing all those useless Gas Guzzlers wasting all that oil that we must sent our troops half way around the world to die to secure that wasted oil .

I haven't had a car that was my main everyday driver that couldn't achieve around 40 mpg US or higher for over 25 years . I want a 3 cyl TDI 70 mpg US Polo or Fox which is a A2 size car , I'd buy one tommorrow . That is the only thing that will get me out of my 97 Passat TDI that achieves 50-60 mpg US almost every tank .

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
rotarykid
there is a car in Germany, I believe it is called a Lozone, or close to that and it comes with a turbo 2 or turbo 3 cylinder, 2 get about 165 mpg and the 3 about 75. get one of those and let us know what it is like.

1point9and1half

TDI
Golf, 2005
rotarykid said:
Since their seems to be no political will to force a more than feasible change today to a requirement of a CAFE of 40 mpg or higher in all the US fleet $5 a gal can't get here soon enough for me at least . I for one am tired of seeing all those useless Gas Guzzlers wasting all that oil that we must sent our troops half way around the world to die to secure that wasted oil .
I haven't had a car that was my main everyday driver that couldn't achieve around 40 mpg US or higher for over 25 years . I want a 3 cyl TDI 70 mpg US Polo or Fox which is a A2 size car , I'd buy one tommorrow . That is the only thing that will get me out of my 97 Passat TDI that achieves 50-60 mpg US almost every tank .
rotarykid, I am toally with you on this issue, you state it well...do I hear $7 a Gallon...going once, going twice...sold ;)

jimnms

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon 5-speed Tiptronic
jimnms said:
Diesel here at home is now up to $3.00/gal, RUG is at $2.79. Diesel has been going up, so I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and fill up now in case it continues to go up or milk this tank as long as I can and hope it comes down.
I guess waiting paid off, I saved a whole cent per gallon. :rolleyes: Diesel hasn't changed here, it is still $3.00/gal except the station I filled up at had it for $2.99/gal.

I have to drive up to St. Louis this weekend, what are the prices like up there?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
xtrooper89 said:
3.35 a GAL in san diego, by base. 3.09 on base, but the nearest base with diesel is 15 miles out of my way.
Yeah, I paid $3.35 on Monday, didn't work Tuesday, saw a couple stations charging $3.35 on Wednesday. There might be cheaper stations right now, but www.sandiegogasprices.com isn't showing any right now. And I won't be driving around unnecessarily to look for one.

Edit: the Flying J truckstops up north in Barstow and Bakersfield are charging $3.259 and $3.279. So our local prices are in line with the rest of the state.

Last edited:

Ted Hurst

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Ummmm, Have you been living in a vacuum? Last time I checked we have a Right Wing Nut Job in the White House. He's done a damn good job of raising fuel prices for his buddies in the Oil Bitness..!!! Plus his Vice President got a War to employ his former Cohorts with No Bid Contracts over there in the sand box.

Ted Hurst

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Richard55 said:
For all ya'll up in washington, keep voting those left wing tirds into office and you will keep getting what you deserve. When it gets to 5.00 a gal maybe you will get a clue. Georgia 2.92 a gal and we are *****ing. RUG is 2.56
Richard
Are you suggesting that the Left Wing Turds are raising fuel prices?

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
Just filled up. Usual place. $3.159. Can't do much better than 57.7 mpg. Can only imagine if all cars got that kind of milage there would be more supply to meet the demand. Toward that end, I will not complain about high fuel prices, although it seems gasoline should be higher than diesel to encourage a change to fuel efficient cars across the board. DK:D

99.5stroker

TDI
98 jetta
Lets try real hard to not make this a political bashfest.

It started off (the thread) as a good idea.....

3.19 yesterday in Nogales, Arizona. Up from 2.79 the day before????

Gouge:eek:, gouge:(, gouge:eek:, stop to lube, gouge, gouge, gouge

Sierra Vista and Tucson/ Phoenix about the same...

Oh and DK, diesel requires half the refining costs of RUG. It's called a demand thing. Until we unite and fight, expect nothing more than what is already happening. The Oil Companies dont want us (US public) to realize the cost to produce benefit and MPG benefits of a readily available, easily produced fuel. And dont even mention the cursed BIODIESEL. $.70 a gallon to produce in mass quantities.....can you say "Adios Exxon"? Imagine something produced by the United States, for the United States people.

Rambling again. I hate politics....

Last edited:

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
Ted
In washington state no not fuel prices, taxes on gas is one of the highest in the US.
Your lack of knowledge of oil prices and world demand again reenforce my opinion of the left. The price of oil is not dictated by the US but by world demand. China will soon be the largest consumer of oil and I know that you will still blame the US for high prices. Get your head on straight and look at the facts not your poor uninformed feelings, If billary gets into office you will see the end of the middle class in the US and you will not only not be able to afford fuel but you not have access to it.
We do need to be looking at other types of fuel for housing ect. Solar, geothermal should be mandatory in and on all new houses, have you been to Israel, probably only as far as PDX to pick someone up at the airport right, all cars should be able to get 50-70 mpg or face a huge tax on each tank full not just at the stealership. We still must have choices, but if you want a fuel hog than you should pay for it now and at each tank full. I love the left, "we need to help the poor and underclass people here in the US", lets raise the fuel prices to 10.00 a gal so we can keep them where they belong, off the street and in the ghetto were they will never get ahead, fuel prices are not just gas, how about heating fuel, as gas goes up what do you thing will happen to heating prices, again who cant afford these high prices, the poor, but what the hell raise taxes so we can help them, higher taxes again = higher prices on fuel. What don't you know about economics or should I say what do you know about economics, nothing it appear. I can almost, with 99.9% certainity, tell you are a W2 employee who has never had to make a payroll or pay 941 taxes ect. If you were an employeer you would have a totally different view point on life and taxes, the always raising cost of doing business and how each raise in the prices of doing business can mean one more employee you may need to let go just to keep the other 25 working, but again what the hell keep making these prices go up because it make you feel good.
Get the knowledge and you will get a little understanding of how things really work.
Vice president got himself a war, again I must assume you have no input from the real world. I guess you will now say he flew the planes into the world trade center and he must have bankrolled them also, right? He must have been the one who used WMD's on the kurds, he must have been the one who wiped out the sunnis in the south, he must have been the one who invade Kuwait and started the largest oil field fires in the history of the world. If the president amd vp did all the things you say he did, why not plant a WMD in Iraq and then just find it, why not just take over the oil fields in Iraq and say screw the people of Iraq? You had better know what a "WMD" is also, it is not just a nuke, it is a dirty bomb, it is the gassing and killing of thousands. It is training others to do the above.
Get the facts.FW: This is a test!.hmmessage P{margin:0px;padding:0px}body.hmmessage{FONT-SIZE: 10pt;FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma}

This is a test!

> A little history lesson. If you don't know the answer make your
> best guess. Answer all the questions before looking at the answers.
>
> Who said it?
>
> 1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the
> common good."
>
> A. Karl Marx B. Adolph ****** C. Joseph Stalin D. None of the
> above
>
> 2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the
> few, by the few, and for the few...... And to replace it with
> shared responsibility for shared prosperity."
>
> A. Lenin B. Mussolini C. Idi Amin D. None of the Above
>
> 3) "(We) ...can't just let business as usual go on, and that means
> something has to be taken away from some people."
>
> A. Nikita Khrushev B. Josef Goebbels C. Boris Yeltsin D. None
> of the above
>
> 4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people
> to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this
> common ground."
>
> A. Mao Tse Dung B. Hugo Chavez C. Kim Jong Il D. None of the
above
>
> 5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."
>
> A. Karl Marx B. Lenin C. Molotov D. None of the above
>
> 6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become
> the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are
> being watched."
>
> A. Pinochet B. Milosevic C. Saddam Hussein D. None of the above
>
>
> Scroll down for answers
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Answers
>
> (1) D. None of the above. Statemen t was made by Hillary Clinton
> 6/29/2004
> (2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
> 5/29/2007
> (3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
> 6/4/2007
> (4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
> 6/4/2007
> (5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
> 6/4/2007
> (6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
> 9/2/2005
>
> Be afraid, Be very afraid!!

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Crude oil is over $91/barrel this morning.

Oil companies do not make more money when the price of crude oil is up. Some of them are drillers and producers, but all of them are purchasers of crude oil.

They make money on the crack spread -- the spread between what they pay and what they can sell for. Right now that spread is quite low, and there is great uncertainty about the future direction of prices. So refiners are producing only what they are sure they can sell right now -- they do not want to get stuck with gas or diesel that it cost them $2.20/gallon to produce, if crude drops and the products drop back below $2.00

katzw

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Wagon
good heavens this thread can get quite nasty. i don't necessarily agree with the US vs the world, or world demand arguments however. i'll refrain from tossing my hat in the circle.. diesel was 99.5 cents/L this morning.. first drop in a while...

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
So, Wednesday,the 24th, as stated, I filled up for $3.159. When I drove by the same station Thursday the 25th, it was $3.199. Today, the 27th, ULSD at the same station is $3.259.
To review,that's $3.15<$3.19<$3.25 within the course of 4 days.
Maybe they, (insert conspirators), don't want to see more diesel automobiles hitting our shores next year. Maybe these big wigs (insert your choices) feel that by driving up the cost of diesel fuel, we regular folk can be persuaded to revert to gas.
I keep racking my brain, trying to understand this. Any input is welcome. DK

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
Richard55 said:
Ted
In washington state no not fuel prices, taxes on gas is one of the highest in the US.
Your lack of knowledge of oil prices and world demand again reenforce my opinion of the left. The price of oil is not dictated by the US but by world demand. China will soon be the largest consumer of oil and I know that you will still blame the US for high prices. Get your head on straight and look at the facts not your poor uninformed feelings, If billary gets into office you will see the end of the middle class in the US and you will not only not be able to afford fuel but you not have access to it.
We do need to be looking at other types of fuel for housing ect. Solar, geothermal should be mandatory in and on all new houses, have you been to Israel, probably only as far as PDX to pick someone up at the airport right, all cars should be able to get 50-70 mpg or face a huge tax on each tank full not just at the stealership. We still must have choices, but if you want a fuel hog than you should pay for it now and at each tank full. I love the left, "we need to help the poor and underclass people here in the US", lets raise the fuel prices to 10.00 a gal so we can keep them where they belong, off the street and in the ghetto were they will never get ahead, fuel prices are not just gas, how about heating fuel, as gas goes up what do you thing will happen to heating prices, again who cant afford these high prices, the poor, but what the hell raise taxes so we can help them, higher taxes again = higher prices on fuel. What don't you know about economics or should I say what do you know about economics, nothing it appear. I can almost, with 99.9% certainity, tell you are a W2 employee who has never had to make a payroll or pay 941 taxes ect. If you were an employeer you would have a totally different view point on life and taxes, the always raising cost of doing business and how each raise in the prices of doing business can mean one more employee you may need to let go just to keep the other 25 working, but again what the hell keep making these prices go up because it make you feel good.
Get the knowledge and you will get a little understanding of how things really work.
Vice president got himself a war, again I must assume you have no input from the real world. I guess you will now say he flew the planes into the world trade center and he must have bankrolled them also, right? He must have been the one who used WMD's on the kurds, he must have been the one who wiped out the sunnis in the south, he must have been the one who invade Kuwait and started the largest oil field fires in the history of the world. If the president amd vp did all the things you say he did, why not plant a WMD in Iraq and then just find it, why not just take over the oil fields in Iraq and say screw the people of Iraq? You had better know what a "WMD" is also, it is not just a nuke, it is a dirty bomb, it is the gassing and killing of thousands. It is training others to do the above.
Get the facts.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Ouch! Up to 3.39 from 3.25 last week at the station I drive by to check prices. Good news is Meijer's is still at 2.99 so they got my business. Came back from a GTG in northern Wisconsin, and drove 55 since I had seen fuel prices along the way. Discipline paid off-SG indicated 56.7 MPG.

Ted Hurst

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
Richard55 said:
Ted
Get the facts.
Oh my goodness! I'm glad we can have friendly open discusions about these things. How about those Red Sox?

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Just filled up at Hess for $2.99 a gallon.

keith102

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6spd
Wow, I was paying $2.79 for the last few weeks, then the station went up to $3.07 the other day when I passed by. most places are $3.19-3.30

theblues

TDI
1999 Jetta TDI
Jumped overnight from $2.95 to $3.09 here in TN. Really hurts when running a tractor and Chevy 6.2 diesel for the business, besides the Jetta.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
theblues said:
Jumped overnight from $2.95 to $3.09 here in TN. Really hurts when running a tractor and Chevy 6.2 diesel for the business, besides the Jetta.
You're lucky not to live in North Dakota, which is out of diesel. Or in the Pacific Northwest, where D2 is about 50 cents/gallon more than TN or the Southeast states.