Anyone have a vagcom?

mrfrankmrfrank

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2001 MKIV
I got myself rc3 today late in the day. Jeff recommended that I meet up with someone with a vagcom tomorrow (Sunday) and log some data for him to review. Is anyone willing to take a brief ride with me?

TDI
Jetta 2000
i live in linton indiana which is just 50 miles south of terre haute id let you use it for a small fee but i really dont know alot about it send me a message on here for my number if your interested.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
i live in linton indiana which is just 50 miles south of terre haute id let you use it for a small fee but i really dont know alot about it send me a message on here for my number if your interested.
LOL being in Indiana while he is in Michigan for TDIFest isn't going to help a whole lot lol. Also, for a small fee? Really?! :confused: and you don't know how to use it and want to charge him.....

@Mrfrankmrfrank I wish I would have seen this before I left fest Sunday afternoon. I seen you several times out & about, I would have gladly done it for free.

mrfrankmrfrank

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2001 MKIV
@logan. Thanks for your belated offer! That would have been great! I got to drive rc3 on my way to kart2kart. What a difference it makes. Jeff did suggest I vagcom a few runs to make sure everything is in safe ranges... I'm assuming boost and egts etc. my plan now is to perhaps buy myself a vagcom in the next month or so and run it myself in the car. I want to make sure everything is safe for the car. I plan on keeping it for a long time!

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
@logan. Thanks for your belated offer! That would have been great! I got to drive rc3 on my way to kart2kart. What a difference it makes. Jeff did suggest I vagcom a few runs to make sure everything is in safe ranges... I'm assuming boost and egts etc. my plan now is to perhaps buy myself a vagcom in the next month or so and run it myself in the car. I want to make sure everything is safe for the car. I plan on keeping it for a long time!
What part I Illinois are you from. If you know what parameters Jeff wants logged during your runs we can do it.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I have Vag Com ............ Will be loading the Vanagon in about an hour out in the parking lot (10:30 am or a little later)

mrfrankmrfrank

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2001 MKIV
andy was very kind however we were unable to run his vagcom in my car because of a laptop battery issue. so i will either try to meet up with someone locally in Illinois or end up getting myself one after I save up a bit.

nkfry

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI
If you're still in MI I have VCDS and live about 10 miles north of Detroit. I'm no expert but I'm available. If you still need it gimme a call at 586- five96-1791.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TDI
Jetta 2000
i would have asked for like $10 thats it its a hell of alot cheaper that buying the program isnt it? equipment has to pay for its self around here.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I was still at the hotel when I noticed this and met up with MrFrankMrFrank. We used my laptop and Vag-Com cable to log a few runs on the highway near the hotel. Got some good numbers and he'll mail them off to Jeff to go over.

Good to meet ya ;)

MrVermin

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
i would have asked for like $10 thats it its a hell of alot cheaper that buying the program isnt it? equipment has to pay for its self around here.
The payment is in getting to know more people in the TDICLUB community and making new friends. The side benefit is helping those that are new to the club and to TDI. Everyone needs a helping hand every once and a while, try to eat others as you would want them to tread you.

MrVermin

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
The payment is in getting to know more people in the TDICLUB community and making new friends. The side benefit is helping those that are new to the club and to TDI. Everyone needs a helping hand every once and a while, try to eat others as you would want them to tread you.

MrVermin
That's right Vermin, you definitely saved the day for me yesterday. My car is now 3x the car that it used to be with the addition of the RC stage 2+ tune and getting that damn pancake hose with the huge hole replaced by the one from you. How is your new lower intercooler pancake hose working?

mrfrankmrfrank

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2001 MKIV
MrVermin saved the day for sure! I just got home from the 5 hour drive back to Illinois. I have already emailed Jeff with the log file. Can't wait to keep modding! As per mrvermin's recommendations, next purchase is a boost gauge.