3 Bar map upgrade tuning?

jshwamie

TDI
2000 Golf tdi
I have a new SMIC with 2.5 lower plumbing. rocketchip stage 3, VR6 Clutch, 11mm pump with lift pump. Kerma TDI Long Runner intake manifold, 2.5 DP - str8 pipe. PP520 nozzles, bilstein suspension with coil overs. Running stock gt1749v turbo. I will be putting a stage 2 or 3 cam in, with head studs and would like to do something with the turbo eventually here. Maybe try to hybridize it somehow to squeeze 200hp (which is my goal for this car) out of it, or upgrade to gt1749vb which I could make 17/22 or go for 1726 instead (daily driver so like the faster spool). Not really sure where I'm at with HP currently, guessing like 160. Gunna jump on the dyno this fall.
With that said. I would like to upgrade to a 3 bar MAP. I read that u can't just slap it in and be done. You have to adjust some sort of tuning. Can someone explain this a little for me? Keep in mind I have a rocketchip, and I can't seem to get them to reply to me. Basically I want to know if I can buy some software or something and adjust what I need to make the 3 bar work. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
You'll need a whole new tune for a 3 bar MAP. Since the map sensor works of a voltage reading, you'll be off by 6/5 (3/2.5bar) for all of your boost requests. It will give other running issues as well. A 3 bar is needed for anything past ~22 PSI.

jshwamie

TDI
2000 Golf tdi
You'll need a whole new tune for a 3 bar MAP. Since the map sensor works of a voltage reading, you'll be off by 6/5 (3/2.5bar) for all of your boost requests. It will give other running issues as well. A 3 bar is needed for anything past ~22 PSI.
Hm okay. Ya I'm new to the tuning thing. Do you have suggestions on how to go about this, like a company or software that will give me the tuning potential?

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Your comment on the 11mm pump caused me to look at the car in your signature. You will likely get much better response to your question in the Mk IV or power enhancements sub-fourms.

jshwamie

TDI
2000 Golf tdi
Your comment on the 11mm pump caused me to look at the car in your signature. You will likely get much better response to your question in the Mk IV or power enhancements sub-fourms.
I'll try that thanks. Just wanna get this 3 bar thing figured out. I live in a small town so I can really only get information via web. Just can't seem to get the answers I need on this one.