Need Help on European interior parts

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
So here is what I am thinking and have had some issues matching up if the MK V interior parts and the MK VI interior parts are the same. Anyone with any knowledge please chime in.

I am wanting the following items.

The in-dash driver cubby,
The Euro cupholder
The rear cup holder
The driver and passenger seat drawers

I have seen them on websites and some say MK5/MK6 others just say MK5.

Will all of the above MK V parts fit on my MK VI Golf equivalent?

I really want the mods but don't want to have to ship them back if they don't fit.

And wouldn't it figure none of the local or online US dealers have a a clue about EUM parts.

Appreciate the help folks.

cheers

Moltenburn:)

BumbleBeeTJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG
I want too...
tried ordering from paul at Keffer but did not know what dash cubby
was... and I desperately need that as there is no center console in the Jetta... stupid as hell

aenea

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I got the dash cubby from oemplus. I think they have the seat drawers, too. The MKV/MKVI problem is that even if they fit, the interior colors are different. MKVI is titan black or cornsilk, MKV was anthracite and...something, but it wasn't cornsilk.

Luv My 02 TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MK5(2010) and MK6(2015)
I have the following on order.

1 x Storage - Seat Drawer (1K0882602) Interior Color 82V - Titan Black
Side Left$105.00
1 x Storage - Seat Drawer (1K0882602) Interior Color 82V - Titan Black
Side Right$105.00
1 x Storage - Dash Cubby (5K1857919D) Interior Color 82V - Titan Black$84.00

If you order from oemplus create an account 1st. Wait for the welcome email (about 5 min) then use the discount code.

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
Interesting....

aenea said:
I got the dash cubby from oemplus. I think they have the seat drawers, too. The MKV/MKVI problem is that even if they fit, the interior colors are different. MKVI is titan black or cornsilk, MKV was anthracite and...something, but it wasn't cornsilk.
This is a neat observation. Anyone else runn into a issue w/ the antracite looking much different than the titan black.

The only reason I bring it up, is b/c I have seen the same parts that OEMplus sells on TM tuning for 10-30 dollars cheaper than others are selling for. I know we pay for quality but buy enough of these pieces and it racks up AKA 100 some odd bucks. If I get a chance I will call the Parts sites and have them clarify color codes.

I know for a fact Titan Black is code 82V.

Anyone else know anything please chime in. Also I love the maturity of the members on this board so far everyone is very cool. :) Unlike some of the Deusche-nozzles over at VWVortex:mad:

Chilkoot

TDI
2010 Black JSW TDI 6M Pano Portos
How long did it take to install the dash cubby? Looks like a great use of otherwise dead space.

rabinabo

TDI
2010 4 door Golf TDI manual
The install was not too bad actually, in contrast to some of the DIYs I've seen on other forums (golfmk5 and vwvortex). I think the key is to have a 10mm ratcheting wrench for the one hard-to-reach bracket bolt, because there is not much room for a regular socket wrench. It didn't take me that long at all.

Also, these parts are also available from ecstuning, and it was a little less than the oemplus prices above. I had to wait quite a while because everything was backordered, but I wasn't in much of a rush.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Moltenburn said:
If I get a chance I will call the Parts sites and have them clarify color codes.

I know for a fact Titan Black is code 82V.

Anyone else know anything please chime in. Also I love the maturity of the members on this board so far everyone is very cool. :) Unlike some of the Deusche-nozzles over at VWVortex:mad:
MKVI
82V Titanium Black
92W moonrock Grey
95T Corn Silk beige

MKV
3U6 art Grey
31X Latte Macchiato (brown)
7G8 Beige
71N Anthracite

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
I can order these parts from Europe.

The drawer plus install kit is $89.98 (left or right sides)
The drawer itself is $50.90

The Drivers side cubby (5K1857919D) itself is $26.25.

As you can see it's a substantial savings over what others offer them at. If you want to buy multiples I can offer discounts as well.

The aren't on the website yet so PM me if your iterested. It takes about 2-3 week to get them in.

Last edited:

ibid

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Red
can someone post a finished install photo of how it looks in the car?

I'm having a hard time visualizing it (just the part on oemplus is too out-of-context for me)

motoblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf DSG
I swapped the anthracite seat drawers from my MkV into my Golf VI. They fit fine, but the anthracite is clearly a bluish gray while the titan black is not. It is not an issue to me since the drawers are out of sight. OTOH, you need the black for the dash cubby for obvious reasons.

Rabinabo, was the cubby install exactly the same as the MkV? I think the trim piece over the steering wheel is different in the MkVI but all else looks similar. Does it slide out the same way the instructions for the V show to slide out, or did you have to pry it out with trim pry bars?

motoblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf DSG
Learn From My Pain!!!

Okay, I know it's gauche to answer my own post, but I thought I'd share my experience and spare some unfortunate fellow Golf owner what I just went through trying to install the dash cubby in my car. The part number I tried to install was 5K1858365-82V.

First, I had to use the MkV DIY install, so if there is one specific to the Golf 6 that has the correct part numbers and instructions, I never found it due to the Vortex reorg.

Problem number 1 - the trim panel over the steering column. It is held on with 4 friction clips (instead of the 2 on the MkV DIY) and it is held on TIGHT, especially the first time you remove it. Not knowing how to get it off, i masked off everything with blue painter's tape, tried pry bars, my finger behind the leather shroud over the steering column, etc. etc. I puzzled over this for a good 30 sweaty minutes in my garage until finally I just yanked very, very hard from both ends. The whole instrument cluster seemed about ready to give with it, but finally it gave. Voila! That wasn't too hard.

Problem number 2 - the barrel instrument gauges protrude and overhang the steering column unlike the MkV which is flat, which means the Torx screws holding the dash panels in place are buried deep. I puzzled over this for a bit before trying the obvious, taking them off with a Torx driver at an angle, again, masking off any part of the trim in contact with the driver shaft to avoid damaging the trim while driving at an angle. The Torx screws seem to be hardened so I managed not to strip them and out they eventually came.

From there, I followed the DIY pretty closely. That long curved bracket was a royal PITA, as has already been well documented. I scraped my knuckles up pretty bad before I wised up and wrapped my hand with painter's tape (barely remembering to put a bandaid on the bloody parts before overlaying with tape). But off it came. I thank God I didn't try to remove the clipsert...

I test fit the new piece, and oh my god it is the wrong piece. I think it is made for the JSW or an MkV even though the color is right for the Golf, because the bottom hangs lower than the original dash (and the abutting lower panel) by about 1 inch. The original Golf panel continues for about 1.5 inches from the seam along the bottom, whereas the new panel is about 2.25 inches. I know I should have compared the two while they were both down off the car (I could've spared myself the trouble of getting the long bracket out at least) but I think I was so giddy with finally getting the instrument cluster trim piece and hidden Torx screws out, I felt almost invincible.

At the very least, the reverse of the gutting went a little quicker (getting the long bracket back in was as much as a pain as removing it), only about 40 minutes compared to the 1:15 I took to remove everything. But she is back whole and a test drive confirmed no rattles came of our little adventure.

Honestly, this was SO not worth the hassle. I really don't think it would've been worth it even if the part was correct. I have both underseat drawers and more than enough storage now with those but I think I was just itching to do something more with my car. Besides which, I got a little anxious about removing those heavy metal pieces and styrofoam sound deadening the original panel has. Well, I learned my lesson. It is going back to the vendor and I don't think I'll bother again, even if the correct part is available.

On the upside, I got aspherical mirrors in the same shipment, and they are very nice and so simple to install I would've trusted my clumsy brother to install them for me. Okay, maybe not.

Pics from this afternoon:

Where the piece extends too far for the Golf:

Where the Torx screws holding the dash panel in place are buried:

Part number I ordered:

I also didn't like the fact it says "airbag" on the new piece--the knee airbags that come with the Euro cars?

It might be hard to tell, but the bottom of the new piece extends almost an inch further than the original Golf panel.

Lovely way to start the weekend, but one good thing that came out of it is I overcame some of my fear of tinkering with the car. I feel pretty confident I can do this again much more quickly, but really don't think I'll bother for the extra few cubic inches of added storage.

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
Motoblue thanks for postin pics. Damn I wan this but def doesn't sound like it is worth the hassle. Some one else post up if they have recvd the right parts for comparison pictures.

motoblue

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf DSG
Revisiting this cubby install, which I still have no intention of doing. A GTI owner just posted pics of his cubby and, yes, it is the one I tried to install--i.e., the wrong part IMO.

I think he's the second GTI owner to put it in there and not mind the overhang. YMMV. I couldn't stand how it looked when I tried it in my Golf.

See this thread for a pic of the 'wrong' cubby. Note how the bottom is now uneven.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4616926-What-did-you-do-to-your-MKVI-today/page89

OTOH, Herbert68 had the right part installed in his Jetta:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=277845

Looks like 5K1857919D, from the DIY on the Vortex:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4739869-DIY-OEM-Dash-Cubby-Installation-(MkVI-GTi)

I hope that helps someone.

ETA - just realized/corrected myself that Herbert68 has a sedan, but I think it is still that part number in the Vortex DIY.

Last edited:

Tweak3D

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Revisiting this cubby install, which I still have no intention of doing. A GTI owner just posted pics of his cubby and, yes, it is the one I tried to install--i.e., the wrong part IMO.

I think he's the second GTI owner to put it in there and not mind the overhang. YMMV. I couldn't stand how it looked when I tried it in my Golf.

See this thread for a pic of the 'wrong' cubby. Note how the bottom is now uneven.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4616926-What-did-you-do-to-your-MKVI-today/page89

OTOH, Herbert68 had the right part installed in his Jetta:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=277845

Looks like 5K1857919D, from the DIY on the Vortex:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4739869-DIY-OEM-Dash-Cubby-Installation-(MkVI-GTi)

I hope that helps someone.

ETA - just realized/corrected myself that Herbert68 has a sedan, but I think it is still that part number in the Vortex DIY.

Looks like ECS carries the correct cubby now, but they are out of stock.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_VI-Sportwagen-TDI/Interior/Dashboard/ES2130106/

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I've got one for you guys, which parts would be needed for the 2010 Sedan? I know it's a MK5 dash but would I be looking at titan black or anthricite?