At Wits End!!

TDINJ

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer own one.
I'm beginning to wonder if the shudder will be permanent! I think its got to be resulting from my TB change in Jan. of this year.

-I've got Vag Com and have adjusted the hell out of fuel qty. calibration - improved but never gone.

-Have even manually adjusted the injection pump at a GTG. Same story - it still shudders.

-Even had Car54 reindex my cam and injection timing...still shudders.

-Checked the MAF. O.K. still shudders even with it disconnected.

Wondering if mechanic messed up center inj. pump nut while doing TB change. It doesn't look like the paint seal was busted...but who knows.

HELP!!!

I wonder if its the ECU or if I should take it to a Bosch service center, though I have a hard time believing its the pump because shudder started after TB change. Car54 thinks everything looks good on the belt job. When he reindexed it, he said timing was pretty much on to begin with - at least I got a good opinion on the Timing Belt.

I just want the car to not run like crap! Wish it would run like it did before the TB change.

Is there something I could be missing that is simple?

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
I happned to look at an A-3 that had a persistent "shutter". After poking and proding about I found a leaking EGR valve. What was found is the valce seat wasn't fully closed. I cleaned the valve and put it back in...So far ( 3 weeks) it has been running fine. I'm not sure if this is what your problem is...but it could be worth looking into.