Questions on Suzuki Swift DDIS (Direct injection -Turbo with intercooler)

vravi

TDI
Swift DDIS
have recently purchased Suzuki Swift DDIS which comes with a 1.3L Multijet DDIS (TDI) engine from Fiat (European Engine of the Year - 2005). It has a Max Torque of 190 NM @ 2000 RPM and Max HP of 75 @ 4000. The red area on the Tacometer starts @ 5000 RPM. It has 5 speed manual gearbox. My questions -

1. First engine oil change is due @ 1000 KM (600 Miles approx) as per manufacturers recommendation. I am currently at 600 KM (375 miles) and on inspection of the engine oil I found that it is black. Should I change the oil rightaway?

2. How do I make out at what RPM turbo kicks in?

3. I had not visited this site for first 15 days and I have run the vehical at RPM of 1500 to 2000 from last 2-3 days I have raised the RPM to 2500 and plan to take it to 3000 in a few days. Upto what RPM do I need to take the engine to have a good break-in?

4. Please share Dos and Don'ts and experiences on Suzuki DDIS.

Thanks in advance for all the suggestions /advice.

Last edited:

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
Diesel motors tend to turn oil black real quick. So wait till 1000km to change--it's not a bad sign.

Turbo is probably running all the time, but probably makes its presence known above 2k.

Sounds like you are doing ok on the break-in as it is. I'd be more worried about loading the engine now, as in, making it work hard, so that the rings get seated.

No idea on Suzuki diesel motors, and I'm not sure if anyone else here does either--I don't think we get those motors here in North America?

vravi

TDI
Swift DDIS
Thanks Supton for the advice. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Yeah, we don't get anything Fiat here, and the last Suzuki Swift we got was the Mk3, not the current Mk4.

MR42HH

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 530d
The new Swift is a very stylish car. Nothing like the old ones. Three types of gearbox, three gas and one diesel engine, optional 4wd, rebates if you are a junter buying a green 4wd one...