close call today.. I need a backup key fob

ludikris

Veteran Member
TDI
Colorado diesel
Lost my key fob for a couple hours today and when I heard what the dealer wanted for a new one, I almost @#$%# myself.

Anyone have a link on getting a new one for a reasonable price other than ebay including how I can program it etc...

Thanks..

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
You might try what I did. I was able to get the name and address of the previous owner thru the dealer. I called and asked if they still had it and they did. Told them I would pay the shipping and send them a small reward for mailing it to me. I got my spare key and they had enough for a evening out away from the kitchen. And that was a lot cheaper than a dealer would have cost!

FlashandFlare

Veteran Member
TDI
03,Jetta GLS Reflex on Blk leather, 06 Jetta Blk on Blk Pkg 2
wny_pat said:
You might try what I did. I was able to get the name and address of the previous owner thru the dealer. I called and asked if they still had it and they did. Told them I would pay the shipping and send them a small reward for mailing it to me. I got my spare key and they had enough for a evening out away from the kitchen. And that was a lot cheaper than a dealer would have cost!

I tried that, but the dealer said that they wouldn't release name cause of privacy issues.
I only got 1 flip key when I bought my car.
Flash and Flare