MK4 Jetta ALH 107k 5spd Manual Lehighton PA

TOM69Z

TDI
2002 Jetta Tdi
https://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-vw-diesel-alh-jetta-tdi/6517030340.html

$7500 obo

2002 Volkswagen Jetta
condition: good
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: fwd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 107225
paint color: black
size: compact
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: sedan
2002 VW MK4 Jetta Diesel TDI ALH 1.9L Turbo Direct Injection
GLS, LEATHER 5SPD Manual TRANSMISSION
HEATED LEATHER SEATS
Pioneer TOUCH SCREEN STEREO
PANZER skid plate
Car currently has 16" GLX wheels and Michelin tires with 90% tread, Also included are (4) Motegi wheels with tires. So your getting 2sets of wheels and tires , see CL photos.

Recent service work performed;
New Timing Belt (Conti)
New Timing Belt Tensioner (IDN)
New Timing Belt Idlers (IDN)
New Water pump
New Serpentine Belt (Conti)
New Rear brake Pads (Meyle)
New Rear brake Rotors (Meyle)
New Rear brake Hoses
New Rear Bushings (Power-flex)
New Mahle Fuel Filter
New Mahle Air Filter
New Oil and Filter (Amsoil)
Brake fluid flush (pentosin)
New Rear wheel bearings (FAG)
New front struts (Bilstein)

TOM69Z

TDI
2002 Jetta Tdi
Very nice car. Low miles. Couldnt ask for better. Where was timing belt work done?
MAS AUTO KUTZTOWN PA.
I got their name as recommended from this website.
$986 for the timing belt , tensioner, rollers and serpentine belt job... all German parts.

The rest of the work I did myself. Thanks for your interest and kind words. The car isint perfect it’s got some scratches here and there and some very minor rust on the driver side lower front fender.

I will consider trading with cash out on my end for a 2012 through 2015 PASSAT TDI with a MANUAL transmission, I need a bigger car.

Last edited:

TOM69Z

TDI
2002 Jetta Tdi
Currently getting just under 400 miles on half tank with squeezing an extra few gal of fuel into the tank by depressing the vent button.
Is my price in line ??? I’ve had a $6000 offer privately.

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Is my price in line ??? I’ve had a $6000 offer privately.
I'm an hour south of you, and for what it's worth, a nissan dealer had an MK4 with the same mileage and rust free for $4K

I think the value has dropped off simply due to age and the fact that diesel in this area is around a 60 cent per gallon premium over gas

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
2 years ago it woulda sold the day you listed it for that price. Sad to say but a 16 year old car just isnt holding its value like it once did.

Wankel7

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
MAS AUTO KUTZTOWN PA.
I got their name as recommended from this website.
$986 for the timing belt , tensioner, rollers and serpentine belt job... all German parts.

The rest of the work I did myself. Thanks for your interest and kind words. The car isint perfect it’s got some scratches here and there and some very minor rust on the driver side lower front fender.

I will consider trading with cash out on my end for a 2012 through 2015 PASSAT TDI with a MANUAL transmission, I need a bigger car.
I am the opposite....I did my TB diy with no hesitation but doing the rear beam bushings seems more intimidating :p

Glws!

TOM69Z

TDI
2002 Jetta Tdi
I am the opposite....I did my TB diy with no hesitation but doing the rear beam bushings seems more intimidating :p
Glws!

It’s very easy if you have an acetylene torch to super heat the axle tube openings then use an air chisel they pop right out. I removed the entire beam to do the job though.

I’ll probaby end up running it as a second car, I’ve got $7000 in the car was just looking to get my money back. I think with all the maintenance done it’s worth the $7000 on the market. It’s got new Michelin’s and includes an extra set of aluminum wheels and good tires too. I’d sell the extra wheels separate if someone didn’t want them. With how reliable these are it should last a bit longer. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited: