www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old October 12th, 2010, 10:57   #46
MayorDJQ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIinMA View Post
I was prompted to update VCDS to 10.6.1. Has this been out for a while? Anyone see any new tweaks?

Also, does anyone know how to adjust the Km/h MFD (MFI) display in the "GB" country mode to M/h?
I believe after setting it to UK or another metric country you can just change the units back to MPH in the MFI menu.

BTW, what does the UK setting do differently than the US setting?

As for the socket...there must be a 12V+ source back there that's hot when the key is off that the socket could be tapped in to.

Last edited by MayorDJQ; October 12th, 2010 at 11:11.
MayorDJQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 08:50   #47
ihatespeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatman1102 View Post
Right after the engine starts on my Golf, I get a single "ding" on random occasions. don't know what it is for. The door is shut and my seat belt is fastened. I have the VAGCOM, but I cannot turn it off.

Any ideas?

It is more of a nuisance.
mine does it when the temperature drops below 40 degrees, shows a little ice crystal/ snow flake, thought I was loosing it at first..
Old November 11th, 2010, 14:10   #48
MayorDJQ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatespeed View Post
mine does it when the temperature drops below 40 degrees, shows a little ice crystal/ snow flake, thought I was loosing it at first..
Since gnatman1102 posted the question in May, in Georgia, I doubt it was the <40* chime. My '10 also randomly chime when turning the key on above 40*. I haven't been able to figure out why yet.
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:40   #49
ihatespeed

Default 2011 sportwagen comfort blink frequency

central electronics under adaptation pull down the drop down and select comfort blink frequency (might not be verbatim, but its near the bottom and the name is straight forward) select your # 1-5 and save. think I like 4
Old November 15th, 2010, 14:08   #50
MayorDJQ
Veteran Member

Quote:
central electronics under adaptation pull down the drop down and select comfort blink frequency (might not be verbatim, but its near the bottom and the name is straight forward) select your # 1-5 and save. think I like 4
Does it actually blink 4 times? You could select the frequency in the '09, but it would still only blink 3 times.
Old November 15th, 2010, 22:08   #51
epc
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorDJQ View Post
Does it actually blink 4 times? You could select the frequency in the '09, but it would still only blink 3 times.
I just tried this in my 2010, and the car will blink whatever I set it to (I tried 4 and 5 blinks).

BTW, I noticed that whenever I did something in Central Electronics (either by coding or by adaptation), several other MFD settings in my car will change:

Footwell lighting,
Door open manual unlock setting,
Door open auto unlock setting.

Anyone else noticed this??
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:59   #52
MayorDJQ
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc View Post
I just tried this in my 2010, and the car will blink whatever I set it to (I tried 4 and 5 blinks).

BTW, I noticed that whenever I did something in Central Electronics (either by coding or by adaptation), several other MFD settings in my car will change:

Footwell lighting,
Door open manual unlock setting,
Door open auto unlock setting.

Anyone else noticed this??
Yes, everything resets. It's quite annoying.
Old November 21st, 2010, 13:29   #53
buelldude

Fuel Economy: 41C-----48hw, just got it???

Hey,
I'm new and just found out that you can change things that happen to the car thru the computer. Is there a thread that gives me all the options that can be done to my car? I have a 2011 golf tdi. Sorry about asking in the middle of your thread, newbie question
Old November 22nd, 2010, 07:14   #54
sfpegasus
Veteran Member

TDI(s): none!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buelldude View Post
Hey,
I'm new and just found out that you can change things that happen to the car thru the computer. Is there a thread that gives me all the options that can be done to my car? I have a 2011 golf tdi. Sorry about asking in the middle of your thread, newbie question
VCDS MKVI / MK6 Platform, Handy Coding tweaks
Old November 22nd, 2010, 09:22   #55
buelldude

Fuel Economy: 41C-----48hw, just got it???

thanks, that helps out a lot!!!!!
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:22   #56
ihatespeed

Default funny central electronics quirk

I found out the hard way the other day that if the doors are locked you can not connect to the 09 central electronics module, freaked me right out, though I had wrote a bad bit or something..
Old December 2nd, 2010, 19:37   #57
1analguy
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: High Tank: 57.2...O.A.: 44.5@81k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudseh View Post
Question about the Comfort turn signals.
I changed the coding through vcds so that they blink five times, but they still only blink three times.
Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a solution?
Thanks in advance~
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorDJQ View Post
Since gnatman1102 posted the question in May, in Georgia, I doubt it was the <40* chime. My '10 also randomly chime when turning the key on above 40*. I haven't been able to figure out why yet.
Quote:
I tried this today on my '11 Golf TDI 2dr 6-speed. I set it/saved it for 4 blinks and it still only blinks 3 times. I went back in and looked and it says 4 blinks...but no! Any ideas?
Old December 2nd, 2010, 20:14   #58
Arne in Oregon
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '10 Golf MT6
Fuel Economy: 41+ MPG lifetime average so far

Dunno. I changed mine to 5 blinks some months back using a borrowed VCDS cable. Blinks 5 times to this day.
VCDS - No DRLs, no seatbelt chime, no horn on lock, windows/sunroof open/close w/remote

Arne in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 10:30   #59
AkursedX

If you have an MKVI golf/jetta and a vagcom, could you see if you can conduct this procedure for me?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...281K%29_Airbag

Basic Setting
Seat Occupied Recognition Control Module (J706)
If the Seat Occupied Recognition Control Module (J706) or the seat itself have been replaced, the basic setting has to be performed.
[Select]
[15 - Airbags]
[Security Access - 16]
Enter 20324, to enable the basic setting.
[Do it!]
[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 001
[Go!]
Activate the Basic Setting.
[ON/OFF/Next]
The reset has been performed.
[Done, Go Back]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

I swapped GTI seats into my sportwagen, but I am having trouble getting the airbag issues taken care of. I cannot get to the "group 001" part of the procedure. I need to know if it's something on my end, or if it's something that the vagcom can't do.

-1988 Pontiac Fiero GT- 11.367@ 121.03mph
AkursedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 12:37   #60
DeviousDW

I've got a newbie question. I'm curious if there is a way to get the vagcom cable (or VCDS as they call it now) outside of Ross-Tech, since I really dont have the money for the cable. I've got a 2011 Golf TDI, and was wondering if any of the ebay cables would work well? Also, has anyone bought and used the ebay vagcom cables successfully?
I've read that Alpha-bid is a legit seller on eBay for these cables, but am confused on which one to get that's compatible for my Golf.

Many future thanks for helping me out, since I'm new to all of this. Appreciate all the help =]

- My Fast took out my brake pedals. He says "Braking is for quitters" -
DeviousDW is offline   Reply With Quote