trailer hitch

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
which hitch should I consider for my 05 sedan, need to pull a small flat bed 5x7 for furniture and where's the best place to get one
I see a CURT with wings flared up on the ends, a Draw-Tite which looks like it bolts to the bumper and another that srewed thru the spare tire well

Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I have a hidden hitch on mine - use it to pull a small utility trailer, has been fine hauling 1000lb of old shingles to the dump.

Ugly looking from the back, but serves the purpose.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Been looking at this one for years. Brother has one on his mk6. But I also just bought a touareg with a hitch.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
I have a Draw-Tite hitch. Does the job well, installation was a bit difficult to drill through the bumper support. That's one though aliminium alloy. Otherwise it was ok. Would buy one again if needed.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
Yes I shipped it from Poland. Only cost about $60cdn for surface shipping (and this thing is HEAVY!). Total cost including shipping was about $200cdn.

As far as I know there were not different ball sizes but you could ask the seller. Auto Hak makes TONS of different hitches.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Europe only had one ball size, here we have at least 3. Most common are 1-7/8" and 2". If yours is a 2" ball then the smaller one will not fit.