Mice

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
Mice have eaten all of the felt lining that's attached to the underside of the chassis between it and the exhaust wire protective shield.

Is this an issue?

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
Im in the area. I park outside too, but no rodents.

I put a spy cam under the car and within 48 hours recorded the following animals: 2 squirrels each standing on their hind legs as if getting ready to climb into the area between the skid plate and the engine, several chipmunks, a rat, a rabbit, a possum, a raccoon and several mice...I am in a car port.. not covered..off the alley between 4th and 5 near Daniels Body shop. Car is still at the Autobarn VW dealer..told them no hurry as I only drive it to our sessional home in WI. 93k and very clean except for this rodent issue. Neighbors, now that the car is gone, have raccoons in their garage. Country living..won’t starve!

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
Have a turbo failure..parts and labor plus 2 belts, tensioner and 1 boot replacement..$2,200 on a car with 93,000 miles..otherwise quite clean. I only drive it about 10 times a year, with each round trip of 500 interstate miles.

Would you have it repaired?

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Have a turbo failure..parts and labor plus 2 belts, tensioner and 1 boot replacement..$2,200 on a car with 93,000 miles..otherwise quite clean. I only drive it about 10 times a year, with each round trip of 500 interstate miles.

Would you have it repaired?
2200 wouldn't buy you a reliable and economical car that is in such good shape.

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
2200 wouldn't buy you a reliable and economical car that is in such good shape.
Thanks..for sure and while I am not terribly attached to this car, it is really great on the open road..in the Tesla S class with the handling and solid road feel.

I gave them the OK to proceed with the repairs.