Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

tdegeld

TDI
2012 Golf 4 Dr Comfortline TDI
There's plenty of hours left in the day.
Thats why I earlier mentioned...we wont hear nothing until a minute before they all go home for the weekend.
Then the simple response is that they will have more information for us later today. Right now they'e making it pretty clear that we can't expect to hear anything new at all.

Steve Ferrous

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2011 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI (gone), 2000 Jetta TDI (gone), 1991 Diesel Jetta (gone)
we wont hear nothing until a minute before they all go home for the weekend.
Yup FVWVWF, standard operating procedure for Government announcement of bad news - drop it at 4:59 on the Friday of a long weekend. (Not to rub it in to those in other provinces who are working Monday) ok - maybe just a little.

zxcv1000

TDI
2012 Golf Wagen
It would be nice if the judge did the same thing as the states and set a deadline for a deal to be reached...

Steve Ferrous

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2011 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI (gone), 2000 Jetta TDI (gone), 1991 Diesel Jetta (gone)
I've never seen so many green lights like this on a thread before - I should really get back to work. See how this is now effecting the economy?

Baba O'Riley

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6-sp
Just re-read vw emission info website and it does not actually say anything about an update to the public.

Only an update to Canadian courts.

Maybe we have ALL miss-read their intention!!??

Bahamut

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat Comfortline TDI, DSG
Just re-read vw emission info website and it does not actually say anything about an update to the public.

Only an update to Canadian courts.

Maybe we have ALL miss-read their intention!!??
From https://www.strosbergco.com/class-actions/vw/whats-new.56eab6b305eac.htm

5. On or before July 29, 2016, the Courts will receive an update on the ongoing settlement discussions.
6. Please review this website on or after July 29, 2016 for an update regarding settlement discussions.

Sounds like the law firms were expecting to be able to announce something, but there is definitely something to the idea of "updating the courts" not necessarily meaning updating us.

chachee

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Has anybody tried calling the lawyers 800 number from volkswagenclassaction.com?

"REGISTRATION
22. All potential class members should register here.
23. If you have questions, please call our toll free number 1.800.281.3120."

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
The VW spokesperson is practicing for the announcement today.

He has to perfect his delivery for this sensitive and highly anticipated matter.

Last edited:

Scratchy101

Veteran Member
TDI
Returned 2012 Golf TDI, now 2015 Mazda CX-5 & 2018 Nissan Leaf SV
Any updates on the vw tdi
Yes there have been many updates on the twitter feed from VW:

Volkswagen CA TDI ‏@VWCanadaTDI 7m7 minutes ago @vpasquan The Ontario Superior Court of Justice has received a progress update on ongoing class settlement discussions in Canada. (1/2)
Volkswagen CA TDI ‏@VWCanadaTDI 7m7 minutes ago @vpasquan The parties have been ordered to keep the details of discussions confidential. (2/2)

AND:

Volkswagen CA TDI ‏@VWCanadaTDI 20m20 minutes ago @WaqasMubarik We're working as quickly as possible to make things right with our Canadian customers. We hope to share more information soon.

AND

Volkswagen CA TDI ‏@VWCanadaTDI 23m23 minutes ago @Toddbolce Our primary goal is to treat our valued Canadian customers fairly. (1/2)
Volkswagen CA TDI ‏@VWCanadaTDI 23m23 minutes ago @Toddbolce Settlement discussions in Canada are ongoing and the parties have been ordered to keep the details confidential. (2/2)

Their auotresponder has retweeted these same 3 responses all morning long.

Q-town Ranger

TDI
Frustrated

From the Strosberg site, June 27 update:

"If the Parties reach a settlement, the terms of the settlement will be made public."

No settlement, no announcement. I and many others thought today was the deadline for a settlement. In fact it was the deadline to update the court, which apparently has been done. There is no time frame or deadline that I can find for a settlement.

When people want information and it is not forthcoming, human nature is to speculate. I speculate that since there is no settlement, the Canadian settlement is not the same as the US settlement, and will probably not be as good for us (affected owners).

It's probably not fair to be angry at VW alone for the lack of information, as there are two (or more?) parties to any agreement.
QR

FVWVWF

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2012 TDI Highline Manual
Fu*k it....done work, going home....I wont be checking this until around midnight when I'm half in the bag. Hopefully, depending on the verdict/announcement...I wont snap and get arrested. Later folks.

Darkone

TDI
'15 A8L TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI
So pathetic that waiting for so long, and this is all we get.
Absolutely disgusting! I can't even imagine how you guys who want to move away from VW feel.
I've been defending VW all this time, I am not buying anything else and in fact I got another TDI. And yet, how this whole thing in Canada is being dealt with, makes me sick