MkIV 6 speed conversion kit

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
I have been busy with everything else in life last few years, so our MkIV wagon just got driven a bunch more. I replaced it with a Q7 TDI for wife's DD, so once a few other long stalled projects are cleared up, the ALH car gets its long overdue turn in the shop to do some freshening.

I won't take the HP over 150 so there is no really good reason to do anything at all with the gearbox, but since this is one of those...aw shyte, why not? projects I would like to close in the 4-5 ratio and add a 6th. Anyone recall the company from Eastern Europe that sold the kit to add to the existing box. Better yet: anyone had one installed and put some miles on it?

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
Quaife offered a kit to turn the 02J into a 6-speed manual.

Then there was the 02M DRW transmission and its associated parts that had to be imported from Europe.

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
Thanks. It was Euro Tuning I was looking to find. Not crazy about putting an unknown used gearbox in, and the Quaiffe stuff is shaft change - way more $$$$$ if they even offer it any more.

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
You might want to check out RyanP and Darkside...they offer the transmissions...or, just put a taller 5th gear in...I did this, it was straight forward and only took a couple hours to do.

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
You might want to check out RyanP and Darkside...they offer the transmissions...or, just put a taller 5th gear in...I did this, it was straight forward and only took a couple hours to do.
Thanks, but what I am trying to do is REDUCE the huge gap going into top gear, thus the Euro Tuning option makes sense. Adding 6th on top is just icing on the cake.