Sharan 2.0 TDI transmission issues

Danglee

TDI
2006 Sharan 2.0 TDI
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help.

I have an issue going on with a Sharan I purchased a while back as I needed space for the kiddos, prams etc.

After a good drive and putting the car in reverse to park up, sometimes it will decide to jump when on the bite point, when I say jump, it's is more like the clutch has fully engaged and I can do nothing with the clutch pedal to stop it. I have to pull it in nuterual (if I've not managed to stall it by panicking and slamming on the breaks which on one occasion caused the gear stick to be completely stuck in reverse)

I noticed some gears felt a little clunky to get into and reverse felt like it was not always fully engaged, so did a cable adjustment which made a huge difference to the feel and I though the reversing issue was sorted as everything pops in perfectly, but it happened again today so something else is going on.

The clutch fluid when I checked was fine.

I have noticed since it has got cooler, when I first start up the car, there is a slight noise from the transmission that disappears when the clutch is pressed, this lasts about 20 seconds or so then goes. Would bad transmission oil cause the above symptoms?

Also, if I was to use any of the VW haynes as a guide for my car, what would be much closest match for a 2006 6speed Sharan 2.0 TDI?

Cheers!