2015 Jetta Traction Control Off Button

Smokinram

TDI
None Yet...
Hello,

Just had my first snow experience with my "new to me" 2015 Jetta SE TDI and realized without the "Traction Control Off" button, I can't get my car up my driveway in the snow. My 2006 had the button and that allowed me to climb my driveway in just about any snow condition.

I see a kit that ECS sells:
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...etrofit-kit-with-keyless-start/003208ecs02kt/

Is this the best option? And is VCDS coding required for my 2015 with this kit? I have my own VCDS, so I would just need some coding instructions.

Thanks

amafrank

TDI
'06 TDi jetta, '09 TDi jetta wagon, 15 TDi GSw
Hello,

Just had my first snow experience with my "new to me" 2015 Jetta SE TDI and realized without the "Traction Control Off" button, I can't get my car up my driveway in the snow. My 2006 had the button and that allowed me to climb my driveway in just about any snow condition.
Thanks

My 2006 had the same issue....engine cut out when I really needed to keep the wheels spinning. The ECS button allowed me to kill the stupid cutout and keep the car moving.
So far the 2015 GSW hasn't had a problem with the snow but there is a way through the infotainment system to turn it off. I'm not sure about the SE trim in the Jetta but it is probably worth looking through your manual to see if there is a way to turn it off....I'm guessing there should be. They wouldn't have put the switches in if there wasn't a reason for them.

Frank

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
they took them out to save money VW is famous for decontenting their cars.....
Really sucks!
I found a guy on VW Vortex he custom made a harness for me and it put the TPMS switch and the Traction Control cutout switch on the console

Smokinram

TDI
None Yet...
they took them out to save money VW is famous for decontenting their cars.....
Really sucks!
I found a guy on VW Vortex he custom made a harness for me and it put the TPMS switch and the Traction Control cutout switch on the console
That sounds like a great setup. Could you post some pictures and maybe a link to the guy who makes this harness?

Its amazing how helpless this car is in just a little bit of snow without that TC cutout button.

Thanks

Smokinram

TDI
None Yet...
No coding required I have in my 2015 Jetta works great
I just installed it in my 2015 and the illumination of the button itself works but pushing the button does not do anything. No "Traction Off" light come on the dash.

I double checked all the wiring and its all good to go.

Could this mean it needs coding? If so can someone either post the coding necessary for my car or PM me with it please? I have a Vag-Com.

Anyone ever have this happen?

Thanks

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I just installed it in my 2015 and the illumination of the button itself works but pushing the button does not do anything. No "Traction Off" light come on the dash.

I double checked all the wiring and its all good to go.

Could this mean it needs coding? If so can someone either post the coding necessary for my car or PM me with it please? I have a Vag-Com.

Anyone ever have this happen?

Thanks
Mine comes on in the dash say trac off look at the instructions I dont think you have to do anything with VAG Com however I had a guy do it for me and he did some Vag Com tweaks
From USP Motorsports site,Please note that some models will not display the ESP off indicator on the dash when traction control is disabled.

Comes pre-assembled for a plug and play installation.

Some 2014+ models will require coding to the ABS control module. Below is an example of revised long coding in the ABS module needed for the traction control to be turned on and off. Please save your original coding before making any changes. Recoding of your module is done at your own risk.

Bold values have been changed.
A14B400C49240003850B02E7921E0041A1180022

Last edited:

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
You should be able to test with the button on. Find a empty road with a water puddle or snow/ice, put one wheel on the asphalt and one on the water/snow/ice and see if the traction control is disabled with the button on.

Smokinram

TDI
None Yet...
Mine comes on in the dash say trac off look at the instructions I dont think you have to do anything with VAG Com however I had a guy do it for me and he did some Vag Com tweaks
From USP Motorsports site,Please note that some models will not display the ESP off indicator on the dash when traction control is disabled.

Comes pre-assembled for a plug and play installation.

Some 2014+ models will require coding to the ABS control module. Below is an example of revised long coding in the ABS module needed for the traction control to be turned on and off. Please save your original coding before making any changes. Recoding of your module is done at your own risk.

Bold values have been changed.
A14B400C49240003850B02E7921E0041A1180022
That coding worked perfectly. Thanks again everyone for all the advice. Seems to work great. Now lets see what happens during the next snowfall.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I found the Members name on VWVortex who made my trac control harness off his VW Vortex name is Verebs1 he lives in Connecticut I actually went to his house and we installed it there in 2015

Last edited:

abaron

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta Trendline+
Thanks tomo366, I've been interested in doing that on my car too (since us Canadian's don't even get the stripped down TPMS system that the US gets). I'll see about contact verebs1 on VW Vortex.