how much can i get out of a 3.0L tdi

grimkiller

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
my father and i are looking at building a project boat for skiing and wakeboardin and family fun. we are looking at the 3.0L tdi v6 with common rail. what kind of power could be get out of this engine and with what mods. and would any have a possible price on this engine? we were quote 20000$ for complete engine and bell house basically a plug and play crate engine ready to go.

StingrayRT

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A6 2.7Tdi Avant Quattro
grimkiller said:
my father and i are looking at building a project boat for skiing and wakeboardin and family fun. we are looking at the 3.0L tdi v6 with common rail. what kind of power could be get out of this engine and with what mods. and would any have a possible price on this engine? we were quote 20000$ for complete engine and bell house basically a plug and play crate engine ready to go.

3.0v6 audi diesel engine plug and play 8000euro included a 400hp twin turbo upgrade, racing manifold, down pipe, intake.....

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
20000 must mean that it's the VW Marine engine? Maybe a bit too much for a fun boat...

I'm putting just a 1.9 TDi to my boat and doing the all the marine parts myself or having them made separately.

I'd buy just the (car) engine from Europe and marinise it locally. Can save thousands and make it very special, like twinturbo for example. All VNT2X turbos are too small for boat use with that engine, IMO. Two stage charging with smaller VNT's on each bank and one larger Garrett or Holset fed by the VNT's would be nice project!

StingrayRT

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A6 2.7Tdi Avant Quattro
TDIfreak said:
20000 must mean that it's the VW Marine engine? Maybe a bit too much for a fun boat...

I'm putting just a 1.9 TDi to my boat and doing the all the marine parts myself or having them made separately.

I'd buy just the (car) engine from Europe and marinise it locally. Can save thousands and make it very special, like twinturbo for example. All VNT2X turbos are too small for boat use with that engine, IMO. Two stage charging with smaller VNT's on each bank and one larger Garrett or Holset fed by the VNT's would be nice project!

Too small........seems that you havent seen new garrett turbos especially GT30V with newly designed internals.

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
No I haven't seen GT30V internals. Please post some pics.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Ffor 20 large, that opens up alot more engines with much more power potential. Than amount of dough will get you a TDI V10, or Audi 4.2 V8 TDI.

Garrett VNT30's and up are currently only available to OEM's, of course if you want to place an order of 1,000 plus, Honeywell will accomdate your request.