VW Passat B6 high fuel consumption

greenzuki

TDI
VW Passat 1.9 77kw TDI PD BKC
Hello everyone,

can someone help me with advice where to look for my passat's issues.

Biggest problem - high fuel consumption. It's been there for 2 years, but problem increases.

Engine - BKC 1.9 TDI 77 kw.
Fuel consumption:
56 mph(90km/h) - 34 mpg(7 l/100km)
87 mph(140 km/h) - 22 mpg (10.5/100km)
(sorry for these numbers, converted from kilometers).

What's done:
1. New EGR valve and egr valve actuator;
2. New original turbo with actuator;
3. Cleaned and sandblasted intake manifold;
4. Checked for brakes, no problems with them, wheels spinning freely;
5. Cleaned and checked boost pressure regulator;
6. Tried to drive with MAF disconnected, no difference. CHanged with the same part number MAF from other car - no difference.
7. MAF checked through VAGCOM - readings ar ok on idle and on full load.
8. Boost pressure according to VAGCOM - ok.
9. Timing is 0.0.
10. Checked for boost pressure leaks - didn't find anything.
11. Wheel alignment was done last year after tyre change;

Not only high fuel consumption concerns me. I believe there's some issues with permormance and dynamics. Car runs better only from 2500 rpm. Until then I just have to wait for it to start driving. If I ride very low rpm (1100-1500) - fuel consumption is reasonable, but when i just add more - fuel consumption goes up.

Anyone has any advice? It's getting me crazy.

vwappathy

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI MT 2006 Jetta TDI MT
The car's computer

I'm sorry you're having fuel economy issues, one of the reasons we buy a diesel. I have a similar car, 2014 Passat SE TDI with 110,000 miles and am still getting a steady 45 - 50 mpg depending on how aggressively I drive.

I assume you've checked your fuel economy manually vs. using the built in computer. I am not an expert and just throwing this out there, but so much is controlled electronically. If the ECM has issues, would they all show up with a scan tool? I assume a bad ECM could send too much fuel to the injectors and then correct the mixture so excess fuel is burned off and not noticed except for excessive consumption. Just a theory. I partially fried the CarNet module just by cranking my car with a weak battery. It still half works but my compass always says N or NE now. Compass is in CarNet module on SE Model. I've tried 2 used modules but they were bad too.