Compressor Control Valve

FXDL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI with DSG
I have a 2015 Jetta TDI and the AC cooling works and sometimes not.
Looks to be the compressor control valve and VW does not have a replacement for my compressor which is a Delphi compressor.
They do have for other brands that are in their cars, but not mine so have to pay $800.00 for a compressor, just to get the new control valve. No way.
Does anyone know where I can buy up here the control valve for the Delphi 2K0820803A which is marked on my compressor.
There is lots on the sites for the Sanden make of compressor but not mine that I can find.
New control valve whole lot cheaper then the VW compressor of $800.00.
Thank you

Last edited:

ilyago

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta S DSG
I have the same car with the exact same problem. A/C sometimes works and is cold, sometimes not at all. Cycling the A/C on and off will usually get it to run, but I think its getting worse. I read that the compressor control valve is a common problem for the Jetta (not specific to TDI). I haven't looked to see which brand/model compressor I have yet, but this is not a job I can do myself since it requires you to remove the refrigerant and then re-fill properly.
I saw a thread that mentioned that VW has a TSB on this issue, but not sure if they will cover it out of warranty - my Jetta is a 2015 sold as new in 2017 with 48K miles.
If anyone had the dealer fix it free based on a TSB, please let me know your model car and TSB reference.
If not, does anyone know a reasonable A/C shop in Northern NJ that will do this? The job looks like it will take less than an hour - it helps to have a lift and experience getting to the compressor via the right front wheel well.