Retrofitting Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Really want to drop that kind of coin on something that "should" work with your car...from a foreign company that seems less than forthcoming...?
(I never received any further information from them - assumed it was because I was asking questions they didn't want to answer.)

But hey - as long as it's not my money.

rejenet24

TDI
2015 Gold TDI SEL
Thats exactly why I'm asking the question. I just started to look into upgrading to get Android Auto yesterday and would have expected some additional information if it was legit. Can't find anyone on any of the usual VW forums with any experience with it. I'm definitely leaning towards trying to sort out the MIB2 upgrade but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

I will say that they are being quite responsive to all of my questions so far. The exact response in regards to fender audio was "There shouldn’t be any issues with the Fender audio system as some of our customers did install it with it." I have uploaded the diagram for others interested.

atl630

TDI
2015 Golf S
Has anyone with the Helix sub done the MIBII upgrade? I really enjoy the sound compared to my Wifes 17 without Fender or Helix and don't want to mess that up.

Also can someone PM me Jack's info?

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I do have the Helix system installed. I had it installed with MIB I, MIB II and now MIB 2.5. Works with them all. I am not running the Helix sub but I am using the Helix subwoofer output to feed my own amp and sub. That makes no differences far as the radio/helix is concerned though. I could just as easily plug the Helix sub back in.

I should also disclose that I had an issue with MIB 2.5, that I sorted with a time delay relay. I have only found one other report of something similar and it was somebody with MIB II. I believe they sorted it by replacing the helix itself, so my solution is a workaround for a fault in one of my units. I wouldn't suggest anybody use my issue to make a purchasing decision but I don't want anybody digging through my posts and then calling me a liar on this thread for saying everything worked, haha. That aside, plenty of people running Helix with MIB II. I would even suspect that most of the people running the Helix are MIB II since MIB I was only in the 2015's.

atl630

TDI
2015 Golf S
Thanks for the info. I did stumble on that relay info in my searches so I will keep it in mind. Figured it would be fine since like you said most MK7s are MIBII just wanted to confirm before buying the parts.