Changing the instrument cluster to the MFA cluster

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
The original FAQ/thread is here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=459818

For any who have thought of getting this done, I will try and post pictures (I got it done yesterday).

Basically, it shows instant fuel economy, average fuel economy (reset after 2 hours of non-use), average until you reset it yourself, miles driven, time spent driving, average speed, and miles until empty. All except the last option are reset 2 hours after turning off the car, and on screen 2, until you reset it yourself.

Messages like fasten seatbelt or other informational messages appear, and you can finally see your outside temp. I'll try and post pictures later.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I wish I got the full cluster now, although I heard it's not really needed unless we have factory navigation (which I don't think any of the Mark IV's had).

I had forum member Jetta ,97 install mine in Dallas yesterday. He was so highly recommended, I made the 680 mile round trip drive just to get it done.

Perfectreign

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
Oh, that is so awesome! One of the things lacking for me is the DIC that I have in my Avalanche and my beautiful young bride has in her '15 Passat.

This is on my short list after I get the foglights installed this summer.