Has Anyone Used Their Post Mod Warranty - What Will You Do Once Warranty Expires

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
I had my Mod done March 2018. My warranty expires March 2022.
Post emissions modified (older TDI) vehicles get .... get 4 year/48,000 mile emissions warranty from date of modification. Emissions warranty covers anything the emissions system affected.
Has anyone made a claim for this Post Mod Warranty successfully and what for?
Once the Warranty expires March 2022 I am going to replace/upgrade the Turbo, upgrade the HPFP (fuel pump) to the better model. I may make other changes. :rolleyes:
I only have 120,000 miles on my 2010 JSW TDI DSG and still Love it. I did a 1600 mile round trip and it was a champ.... Nice only needing to fill up 3 times...
What will you do when the warranty expires...

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
I just used mine for the beetle. Modification done 8/17 at 61,000 miles (currently 94,000). Check engine light - 93,000 miles - intake air temperature sensor. Nothing for the passat yet - modification done 9/17 at 50,000 miles (currently 89,000). Plan when the warranty runs out is the tiniest tune possible just want a bit of power and fuel economy, but i still have a ways to go to get to 120,000 (beetle) and 123,000 (passat).

thatwhitejsw

Veteran Member
TDI
MK6 JSW TDI
I had my 2011 JSW at the dealership closer to the beginning of the year (around 45k mi at the time) for a P2002 code which caused them to replace the DPF, EGR cooler, EGR valve, and a number of other emissions related items that totaled around $4k in parts and labor. They also found a small leak at the turbo gasket that they also replaced under warranty requiring them to pull the turbo. It was about a month and a half long process of trying to get the DPF in but atleast I had a nice loaner the length of the time.
I'll certainly take advantage of the warranty where I can while it's in effect, but it can be a headache. When it expires at 123k mi (for me, i believe), if I havn't decided to look into another vehicle, I'd definitely like to do a mild tune with a straight pipe to get the proper power/economy back.

JackEnrod

TDI
2012 Jetta 6MT
i had my 2011 jsw at the dealership closer to the beginning of the year (around 45k mi at the time) for a p2002 code which caused them to replace the dpf, egr cooler, egr valve, and a number of other emissions related items that totaled around $4k in parts and labor. They also found a small leak at the turbo gasket that they also replaced under warranty requiring them to pull the turbo. It was about a month and a half long process of trying to get the dpf in but atleast i had a nice loaner the length of the time.
I'll certainly take advantage of the warranty where i can while it's in effect, but it can be a headache. When it expires at 123k mi (for me, i believe), if i havn't decided to look into another vehicle, i'd definitely like to do a mild tune with a straight pipe to get the proper power/economy back.
???????

ironman86

TDI
2014 jetta tdi sedan
I have a 2014 Jetta TDI been fighting with dealership last three weeks took it in for a check engine light and a recall on the way to the dealership it went into limp mode I stop by the store a block away picked up a soda while I waited at the dealership when I got back in the car turned it on the check engine light went off and I was back to full power pulled into the dealership they wouldn’t fix codes that were stored on the computer because the check engine light wasn’t on. I took pictures of the codes on my OBD two the night before print it out for him they didn’t care called me a liar said I couldn’t prove when the codes win on the computer took 4 1/2 hours for them to figure that out told me to drive it around try to get the codes come back on I left the dealership drove 15 miles to my house as I pulled in the driveway light came on took pictures of the codes next to my dash with the check engine light and the mileage in the picture and the codes they could read took it back in there still said they didn’t believe me pulled the codes two of them were the of 401 and the 2002 they told me they only fix those first clear all the other codes and drive it to see if any codes came back on took a week and a half to get in the parts just picked it up pulled into my driveway and the thing is leaking oil like no other from the oil return line underneath the turbo there’s like a 40 foot oil trail from the street in my driveway where I slow down to turn in I had to sit on hold for four hours to get a hold of Volkswagen customer care got the runaround from them made me go back to the same dealer and it’s been nothing but a struggle quoted me $556 to fix the oil return line for the gasket in the pipe and then labor plus taxes and fees price departs $64 for both pipes and the O-rings and a gasket going in tomorrow to tell the general manager of the establishment how extremely frustrated and upset I am with this whole ordeal I’ve never been told that a warranty part could not be fixed until it has totally failed. What’s the point of a check engine light if You can’t get the problem fixed until you’re broke down on the side of the road it’s ridiculous Better Business Bureau and Attorney General here ICOYou can’t get the problem fixed until you’re broke down on the side of the road it’s ridiculous Better Business Bureau and Attorney General here I come...