FS: 2002 VW Jetta TDI manual w/ taller 5th gear

josh8loop

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI Manual(performed 01M to 5-speed swap) - 183,000 miles and climbing!
Fellas,

I really didn't want to do this since I love my little car, but I don't have need of it right now and I don't have the time to get the interior and exterior paint sorted out. Engine has around 256 K miles on it, head was rebuilt 150K ago. Needs a TB done in the next 10-15k miles. Perfect compression. Starts and runs great, although not running it very often and letting it sit doesn't do any good for things. Stock tune and original injectors. Consistently gets 58-62 MPG with my best being 65.7 for over 900 miles. Has 4 less than two year old Nokian Entyres on it which I love. Think they have less than 15K miles on them. Exterior paint is shot, and the interior is horrible, but I used it for an all-purpose vehicle and to get to and from work so I didn't care how it looked on the outside or inside. This vehicle has a manual transmission with the taller 5th gear which helps on MPG. Car is located in Vero Beach, Florida. Title in hand. Asking $900 Shoot me a PM if interested. Want to get it sold before the 14th so I don't have to re-insure it.

josh8loop

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Jetta TDI Manual(performed 01M to 5-speed swap) - 183,000 miles and climbing!
One thing I wanted to mention is that it will need a new AC compressor. I completely rebuilt the AC system with new expansion valve, and every O ring I could physically get to. The old AC compressor was rebuilt by me at that time with a new control valve. The old compressor worked fine for some time, and then finally gave up the ghost. I know everything else is good, just needs a new or professionally rebuilt Sanden SD7V16 compressor and all will be well again. It also needs a new coolant bottle(existing one is leaking a bit).