2011 Jetta TDI hard start post fix

bigpaws1984

TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed, 2011 Jetta DSG automatic
My 2011 Jetta has just had the emission fix / reprogramming done. The drivability is nearly the same, but I'm noticing that it's harder to start when I'm firing it up the first time in the morning. I think the timing needs to be advanced, but can't find any way to do that on a Common Rail engine. Also, the fuel economy is down, although not that bad. I took a trip to the US/Mexico border (round trip 360 miles) and got 39.5 MPG where it was about 41 before.

Anyone else seeing hard starting? I'm thinking something is wrong and I should take the car back for a check...but it only happens when cold, so I think they'll just tell me it's ok without checking anything.

Also, is there any way to backout to the original settings for the software? What would be needed to do that if it's even possible?

FlyingVan

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
I had my 2011 JSW fixed in September and for a few weeks afterwards I noticed that sometimes it would take more seconds to start instead of starting instantly like it used to. But it seems that this disappeared after a while. Makes no sense, I know, but it fixed itself. Give it some time and see if yours fixes itself also.

bigpaws1984

TDI
2002 Golf 5 speed, 2011 Jetta DSG automatic
Sounds good, FV. Of course the day I posted this, it started fine, and it started fine today. Hope this means the ECU fixed whatever was wrong.