BRM (2006 Jetta)DownPipes, where?

heytrid

TDI
2006 jetta
Is there anywhere that make a reasonably priced BRM downpipe for a 2006 jetta?

I know boostlogic sold the 3" however I inquired on the price of shipping and I recieved an email stating they no longer were selling them at that price, they now want $799.00 for the downpipe only.

I seen a couple other members mention making them to sell however nothing listed for prices or availability.

I did search however most of the posts are pretty old now.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The layout of the exhaust system doesn't lend itself to (legally) using a "downpipe". The turbo outlet goes straight into the catalytic converter housing which is bolted to the engine. There is no "downpipe" as such. It's not like the previous models that had the catalytic converter separate from the engine, underneath the car.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
I do them local to the shop, you can custom make a DP and then add the CC..Done a handful now. They sound wicked..I have a 3 piece DP, have done 2.5" and 1-3" DP's, I prefer the 2.5" DP, and it matches the 2.1" exhaust housing on the BRM turbo.

Boost Logic is here, in town, and has changed hands but yet again, may have to do with the price increase.

heytrid

TDI
2006 jetta
yeah looks like just making my own will be the best/cheapest route, just sometimes I would like to buy something I can just bolt on clean and not mess with.

Thanks for the help everyone

REEEO

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI 95,000 MI 42 MPG
What did you guys do with the O2 sensor, and did it throw a code?

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
REEEO said:
What did you guys do with the O2 sensor, and did it throw a code?
From what I saw when I was under my car there is only one O2 sensor before the cat so its not monitored. So taking the cat out shouldn't throw a code. I'm thinking about doing this also because I would like to hear the turbo whistle more and I love the smell of diesel fumes. Does anybody know an exhaust shop in the Atlanta area that would be able to fab me a downpipe for a reasonable price?

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
You put your O2 sensor in the new bung, on your new DP..No big deal, just make sure you placed the bung in the correct area so when you install the new DP the wires are long enough(ask me how i know).

$799.00 for a DP, I am in the wrong business or dont charge enough..

REEEO

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI 95,000 MI 42 MPG
Mach1 said:
You put your O2 sensor in the new bung, on your new DP..No big deal, just make sure you placed the bung in the correct area so when you install the new DP the wires are long enough(ask me how i know).

$799.00 for a DP, I am in the wrong business or dont charge enough..
Ya the O2 harness is barely long enough for its location now! And as for the price, I can have a buddy do it for $20. Add a EGT sensor whilst I'm at it.

lamboworld

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI