//// Last minute details .... power + economy ? ////

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
I put this in the power section also but since I'm hoping for dual use power + economy I'll put it here also ...

Hi All,

Finally have a tentative order together to get my car back to running and I figured while I was fixing it might as well try for increased performance and hopefully economy increases to boot..

Anyways I'm currently thinking of of an 11 mm pump (up from 10 mm) and going to .205 sized injectors (up from stock).

I'm going to keep the stock turbo and stock clutch until they basically wear out or i get additional $$ ( I really don't drive the car hard).

I currently have a Malone stage 1 tune but will upgrade to stage 2 at the advice of the shops helping me fix things.

Anyways what do you think about the above modifications as it relates to Performance and economy

What could I expect power-wise and fuel economy wise?

Assuming I keep driving vehicle the way I do do you think I will get any increases in fuel economy?

Are there any changes you would make to what I'm thinking of doing above?

I was planning on buying DLC 520 injectors (about $475 from Kerma)
But the place where I was buying everything else from was saying they had a good experience with polish nozzles from a company called i think a Wurzeim (price about $200 ) ... does anybody have any experience or comments on that brand of injector?*

It's not too late for me to change my order since I haven't paid for it but they have the order tentatively on hold until I pay for it so I thought I would look for last-minute advice here.

Thanks in advance for any and all help I'm hoping to have my car back on the road Within 2 weeks

Andrew

Last edited: