2015 Passat TDI tuning

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Since I live in Ontario I also posted this there also.:rolleyes:

I just found someone who has the tuning for a 2015 TDI in Toronto. Actually it seems you do it yourself via the OBD II port.

Does anyone have any experience with UNITRONIC tuning ?

What appeals to me is the fact that I could have it done now and even having to take the car back to VW for the fix it can be reset to stock and after the fix it can be retuned. It adds 28Hp to stock and 48lb torque to stock. That is approximately what my former 2002 Jetta got from a tune and bigger nozzles.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
I have Unitronic in my 2012 Passat TDI and have had two former TDI's and three 2.0T gassers tuned by them. (The owner of Unitronic is a personal friend of mine)
They used my 2012 as development car to customize the tune for it. The tune they are selling is the copy of mine.
They will be tuning my Touareg TDI soon.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
I had a Unitronic tune on a 2001.5 Audi A4 1.8T and it had a lot of issues. This guy named Mike Z. that made the tune refused to refund my money (over $1200 at the time). I found out that he used a different car to make the tune. I made a long thread about it on Audizine and one of his distributors from Chicago offered to refund me the money if I removed my posts and sent my ECU to him so he could remove the chip and socket.
I wouldn't deal with him again.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Malone is up there, take a look at https://www.fastforward.ca/ they are in BC.

email Dave at support@fastforward.ca he offered great deal taking into account the loonie to green back conversion rate for us US customers.

I just ordered flashzilla, should be here next Tuesday and look forward to flashing in the comfort of my own garage.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
In view of the VW fix still having to be done, I'll probably wait until that is completed.
Apparently even if you can restore to original, VW can tell that a tune had been done.

Conflicting replies. Radman apparently likes it.

With all due respect, BarryT82, I think there may be a big difference between a gasser and a TDI. A very different animal.

I do like the fact that Unitronics has a dealer within 15 minutes from where I live and another 30 minutes away.

I also know Malone is a recommended seller, but I assume his price online in unspecified currency of $ 599.00 is in US dollars which brings it up to over CDN $ 840.00. Add Ontario tax makes it about CDN $ 950.00. Plus any shipping etc.

Unitronics CDN $ 600.00 + tax = Cdn $ 678.00 and no shipping.

Every fall I drive south and usually it is Detroit, Cinci, Nashville, Dallas. But as far as I see neither Kerma or Malone are along my route. But in any case our falling beaver buck makes it quite expensive dealing in US dollars.

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Here's a great introduction to the EA288 2L TDI from Audi for their mechanics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd5rq-tvCNw

Frankly, when considering the 11 year comprehensive warranty and the complexity of these engines, I'd think if one wants to do aftermarket tuning, perhaps the place to begin is with an older different engine.

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
When they do the "fix" they extend the warranty to 11 years 162K miles on a number of components. It is part of the reason I just bought a fixed 2015 GSW for my wife.
Not only do they cover the complete engine and exhaust system and management system, they stipulate that if the customer feels they have been disallowed an item that should be covered the company will change its position and side with the customer.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Maybe "comprehensive" could be interpreted at "bumper to bumper", where as the the 11yr warranty is most of the emissions and fuel system.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
Not only do they cover the complete engine and exhaust system and management system, they stipulate that if the customer feels they have been disallowed an item that should be covered the company will change its position and side with the customer.
Yeah it is a real nice perk. Without it I don't think I would have bought the car.

Funguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen dsg and 2015 Passat 6 M/T
Maybe "comprehensive" could be interpreted at "bumper to bumper", where as the the 11yr warranty is most of the emissions and fuel system.
I understand what you mean but I don't think comprehensive is a bad word to use when you consider what is covered.

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
Yeah it is a real nice perk. Without it I don't think I would have bought the car.
Absolutely what sealed the decision for us. I think it was an amazing opportunity to acquire a car we already loved (only better) with worry free mechanical coverage for 11 years.