CASH IN HAND-WTB 2002/2003 Black Jetta Wagon

loganbingham

TDI
Sold them :(
CASH IN HAND-WTB 02 or 03 Black or silver Jetta Wagon (WEST COAST)

Just had a purchase fall through on a black 2003 jetta wagon because the owner gave me BS information on the car. I still have the cash I was going to pay for the car with and am looking for a 2002 or 2003 Black or silver Jetta wagon with 150000 or less miles, preferably on the west coast.

Last edited:

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
Just had a purchase fall through on a black 2003 jetta wagon because the owner gave me BS information on the car. I still have the cash I was going to pay for the car with and am looking for a 2002 or 2003 BLACK Jetta wagon with 150000 or less miles, preferably on the west coast.
It's a long way but there is one in Maryland on cars.com that has 110K miles.

kirmet

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Galactic Blue
I wouldn't recommend buying any cars in the northeast and midatlantic. Too much road salt. Especially western MD.

shaunlavery

TDI
2010 jetta wagon (family owned) VW buyback DSG tranny issues. Couple MK'4s gone but not forgotten. Back with BMW's, for now.
I wouldn't recommend buying any cars in the northeast and midatlantic. Too much road salt. Especially western MD.
This. As someone who lived in the Midwest and now lives back south, I had to accept the front fender rust on my MK4's I had. It bothered me to know end, as rust was something I always associated with cars needing serious attention, like my '67 camaro I had. It is a different way of thinking in those regions. You being out West, I would tread lightly purchasing from certain regions unless it doesn't bother you. Keep in mind though, any brake work, etc. becomes more difficult when salt/rust is present!

Best of luck. My family member just completed the buy-back process due to the DSG trans going out. Sucks but we will be in a similar situation as you.