Doing buyback? Good tires? I can use them! Asheville +/- 120 miles

czeetah

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat 6MT / Opera Red
My stock tires are looking weak.

If you have good tires/wheels don't let them go to crusher! I'll come to you and swap on your good tires for my worn (not dangerous) tires before your turn in date.

Asheville but willing to travel reasonable distance, one or two hours.

If you're doing buyback and turning it in, help a brother out !

Simply send me a PM and let me know

Last edited:

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
My tires are also going to have to be replaced before the snow flies, but we're keeping the car until Dec. 2018. What I'm looking for is good tires to last that interval that won't cost as much as the Continental Pro Contacts that are on there (the OEM tires, and they've been fantastic). So far, there aren't a lot of things to choose from in 18" tires that don't cost about the same or more.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
+ 1 for the Oregon area, smartest post iv seen in quite some time! My Conti's are at the wear bars

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
All of you ^ No, not a good idea, go buy some new tires. Keep America Great, made in the USA tires...VW has been beat up enough this quarter

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
My stock tires are looking weak.

If you have good tires/wheels don't let them go to crusher! I'll come to you and swap on your good tires for my worn (not dangerous) tires before your turn in date.

Asheville but willing to travel reasonable distance, one or two hours.

If you're doing buyback and turning it in, help a brother out !
We have a very good set of Michelins on Bristol 18" wheels if you're interested in driving up to Northern Virginia.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
All of you ^ No, not a good idea, go buy some new tires. Keep America Great, made in the USA tires...VW has been beat up enough this quarter
Poor VW. :rolleyes:

I'm recycling, thank you very much. :)

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
+ 1 for the Oregon area, smartest post iv seen in quite some time! My Conti's are at the wear bars
Man i have been cleaning up in the parts for sales department on the webiste with all the buybacks, Timing belt change kit, half off, enough oil change kits for a couple years, half off. DSG change kit... half off.

roni024

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL DSG
Man i have been cleaning up in the parts for sales department on the webiste with all the buybacks, Timing belt change kit, half off, enough oil change kits for a couple years, half off. DSG change kit... half off.
Care to share any info on who has the good deals?

Skimax

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 variant(retired at 330K), 2000 B5 1.8T passat retired, 2013 SE (buyback5/17) 2015 SEL, 2015 E-Golf SEL sold March 2019, 2018 Volt LT and a 2007 PRHT MX5 for fun
So you would jeopardize your buyback by putting on some bald tires?:rolleyes: My 15 had 24k miles, bald tires:rolleyes:

I believe 30k VW employees were let go

So how many do you think were executives and upper management who were truly responsible for this debacle?

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
So how many do you think were executives and upper management who were truly responsible for this debacle?[/QUOT

98% of them I'm sure were grunts, how many bank exec's went to jail in 08.

I lost 1/3 of my wealth...10 bucks

Skimax

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 variant(retired at 330K), 2000 B5 1.8T passat retired, 2013 SE (buyback5/17) 2015 SEL, 2015 E-Golf SEL sold March 2019, 2018 Volt LT and a 2007 PRHT MX5 for fun
So how many do you think were executives and upper management who were truly responsible for this debacle?[/QUOT

98% of them I'm sure were grunts, how many bank exec's went to jail in 08.

I lost 1/3 of my wealth...10 bucks
I'd bet it was 100% so why worry about a few sets of tires.

czeetah

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat 6MT / Opera Red
I'm pretty sure VW could care less about the tires on the car when it's bought back.

If they crush it they don't care, if they fix and resell they will probably replace tires anyway.

Show menthe threads where folks got buyback denied from 2/32nd tread :rolleyes:

Skimax

Veteran Member
TDI
Morals and ethics?
Of the executives, board of directors, upper management of VW involved with the TDI issue, I take it your referring to, right?

I'm sure Martin Winterkorn turned down his golden parachute upon leaving just after the scandal broke for moral and ethical reasons as no doubt all others that have left VW and were involved have done.

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
The link you provided is to the Private Seller forum here, which sells mainly used items. I was asking particularly about online sellers of new products, especially maintenance items.
Roni, that was where i picked them up at... brand new. Keep checking every few days and type in passat in the search. There have been 3 different passat sellers who simply had brand new maintenance items they had stocked up on because they had planned on keeping the car for a long time... at least until the buyback offer came in and they sold out.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
Of the executives, board of directors, upper management of VW involved with the TDI issue, I take it your referring to, right?

I'm sure Martin Winterkorn turned down his golden parachute upon leaving just after the scandal broke for moral and ethical reasons as no doubt all others that have left VW and were involved have done.
To be a CEO you must have sociopathic tendencies morals and ethnics do no apply and besides they can afford new tires. Now if I was 20 again I'd be trolling this post

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
To be a CEO you must have sociopathic tendencies morals and ethnics do no apply and besides they can afford new tires. Now if I was 20 again I'd be trolling this post
I think that, sociopath or not, the application of an ethnic must be considered. It's the law.

The more you know......

\/\/0J0

Veteran Member
TDI
Sadly, none anymore
I think that, sociopath or not, the application of an ethnic must be considered. It's the law.

The more you know......
You are correct... According to equal opportunity employment practices, employers must consider applications made by people of all ethnicities. I think most people would find it borderline offensive if you call them "an ethnic" and I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the OP about someone wanting decent tires off a turn in vehicle.

Sent from my mobile look-at device

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You are correct... According to equal opportunity employment practices, employers must consider applications made by people of all ethnicities. I think most people would find it borderline offensive if you call them "an ethnic" and I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the OP about someone wanting decent tires off a turn in vehicle.

Sent from my mobile look-at device
Read the post I was responding to. My feeble attempt at humor.......

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
So you would jeopardize your buyback by putting on some bald tires?:rolleyes: My 15 had 24k miles, bald tires:rolleyes:

I believe 30k VW employees were let go
Vw won't take a car with worn tires? That seems odd....

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
when my appointment date arrived, I drove the car to the VW dealership they listed. The WVoA rep had a clip board, he got in the car checked the mileage I'm sure, gave it a look see, opened the hood and did a walk around all the while taking notes, now tires may have been on his list to check? I don't know? The car had 24k miles on it and the tires reflected that, they weren't bald. No problems he gave me a check. Now if my tires were bald would he have commented? I don't know? maybe? If he did what would I tell him, Czeetah got'em.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
so if someone has a 12 or 13 thats above 100k its totally going to the crusher, and if they have a new set of tires why would anyone care if i swapped them?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
so if someone has a 12 or 13 thats above 100k its totally going to the crusher, and if they have a new set of tires why would anyone care if i swapped them?
They wouldn't care. Augie is just spreading FUD.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
crush or no crush?

Do you really think VWoA will crush these cars?

There will be a lot of happy drivers in Africa, Mexico will get a few. Some cleaver individual will approach VW and buy them up wholesale to resell, container after container are filled here in the States and sent overseas, weekly.