Confused

Den

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Baltic Green & 2015 Passat SE TDI 6 spd. auto.
VWOA said yes you can keep your 2014 Passat and when the fix is ready we will contact you and you must get the fix and we will s
end you a check.

Local VW dealer said NO you cannot keep it it is not saleable you have to turn it in.

Who is right?

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
The court ruling, which says very clearly that the buyback is optional, and that there are zero restrictions on either sale or registration.

You get three choices, all of which are legal:

1) Take the buyback.
2) Take the fix and compensation, when available.
3) Do nothing, keep the car, and be paid nothing.

Last edited:

Den

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Baltic Green & 2015 Passat SE TDI 6 spd. auto.
Sorry for the confusion, VW said I could keep the car and when the fix was ready then thay would notify me and when fixed they would compensate me. I have the final paperwork in my possession stating that. Now here is the monkey wrench, they never told me that a leased vehicle could not be kept, the dealer told me that. so why did vw who knew all this tell me I could keep the car? Maybe the last day of the lease and you walk home, P.O.ed here.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
As a lease customer, you get out of you lease and get 50% of the full amount.
Not surprised that VW will not sell a unfixed car...They need to get 85% fix or off the road...Once it is in there hand, why let it go?
Take your $$ and buy a "new" 2015, or different car.
Reality is for near ZERO RISK, basically renting a car, and you got a decent check, basically paying many of most of your payments...Be Happy!! Down payment on a different car/Lease!