Takata recall update

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Well, looks like VW got at least some parts in for this. Got the formal recall notice to schedule the work (as opposed to the prior 'there is a problem, we have no parts to fix' notices) in the mail today.

So, wondering if anyone else got this . . . pretty quiet on the topic lately. In any case, looks like they aren't blowing it off as some had speculated . . .

- Tim

da.hs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf, DSG, silver (from new). 2010 Audi Q7 (from 2016), 2004 Touareg V10 (from 2018)
I had a "schedule the work" notice yesterday for an '07 Wrangler, nothing yet for '10 Golf. I think the priorities were for high heat/humidity regions and for older vehicles - so TX should come much earlier than SK

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
received notice for my (bought back) 09 JSW...haha.

I never believed VWoA was "...blowing it off as some had speculated..." The Takata recall is huge, and the auto industry has had a tough time ramping up production.

Hmm...maybe a good opportunity for a return of "Rosie the Riveter"!

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I have had the passenger side replaced 2 times and the drivers side replaced 3 times on my 2001 civic as the Replacement ones were also defective- upsetting as the dash is starting to crack where they keep pulling it apart

doc5339

TDI
2011 Audi A3 S-Line TDI
Well, looks like VW got at least some parts in for this. Got the formal recall notice to schedule the work (as opposed to the prior 'there is a problem, we have no parts to fix' notices) in the mail today.

So, wondering if anyone else got this . . . pretty quiet on the topic lately. In any case, looks like they aren't blowing it off as some had speculated . . .

- Tim
Just had the "interim" inflator repair/replacement done on our 2011 A3 TDI. It is my understanding that this is basically the same Ammonium Nitrate Inflator without the required drying agent to stabilize it. It probably buys us some time seeing as we are in Zone A with a 2011, or it resets the clock in terms of the AN propellant destabilizing.

We are pretty pissed with the entire thing as Honda/Acura has been getting replacements, BMW, and other brands have offered loaners. We only received the interim repair letter after joining the class action Takata suit.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
I don't recall our notice saying anything about 'interim', and I did nothing to get notified but wait . . . Being so far south may have given us some priority, since humidity, iirc, is a factor.

Last edited:

doc5339

TDI
2011 Audi A3 S-Line TDI
I don't recall our notice saying anything about 'interim', and I did nothing to get notified but wait . . . Being so far south may have given ussome priority, since humidity, iirc, is a factor.
Glad that you received the final repair. Hopefully ours will be coming in the next few months. We actually did not drive the car for over a year (since our recall notice in February 2016).

jolvi1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Talked to dealer yesterday and said that the Takata airbag, gave her VIN said the release for our Passat should be September 30th. We shall wait and see.