Volkswagen says US approves sale of modified diesel vehicles

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
......did anyone else hear this week trump's epa plans to loosen auto class diesel emission regulations!..... I wonder if any auto make will take advantage of the change to offer new cars that meet the coming higher allowed emissions output?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
So I wonder what is going to happen to this "bunker" fuel if the ships arent allowed to burn it? You can only refine oil/fuel so much then you are left with the nastiest of contaminates in a toxic sludge. Right?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
So I wonder what is going to happen to this "bunker" fuel if the ships arent allowed to burn it? You can only refine oil/fuel so much then you are left with the nastiest of contaminates in a toxic sludge. Right?
I have no idea what they'll do with the heavy stuff once shipping is using much less of it. I assume a portion of it can be hydrocracked or otherwise processed into lighter fuels. Maybe asphalt prices will plummet.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
That toxic sludge you speak of being burned is settling back down on our harbors and oceans. Burning bunker oil in a large marine diesel does not make the contaminates / toxicity go away, just puts it somewhere else.