Passat NMS VCDS Tricks / Upgrades

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
just installed "error free canbus" Backup LED lights and guess what, bulb out error in under a second. Can this be coded out? I would be totally cool with turning off the entire bulb check system :D Its a great idea for minivan or Subaru drivers but not needed for us who check over our rigs often :)

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Yes, I believe you can code out the bulb check....

I don’t remember exactly, but if you go into the long coding for the central convenience, there will be a bit to check/uncheck for the bulb monitoring for reverse lights.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
cool, I dug up a old jsw thread that also mentioned the same thing- i'll give it a shot! Maybe the DRL too

Draxxus

TDI
2013 Passat SE
Changing MFI

I tried changing the settings to Germany so i can have the radio stay on after i turn off the car, i do everything like it says, go into instruments, coding, LCH, change it to germany, it accepts the code but doesnt change it. any help would be greatly appreciated

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I tried changing the settings to Germany so i can have the radio stay on after i turn off the car, i do everything like it says, go into instruments, coding, LCH, change it to germany, it accepts the code but doesnt change it. any help would be greatly appreciated

With the ignition off I can turn the radio back on by just hitting the on/off button on the radio. No need for a VCDS for that.
Also remember that changing settings to another country may change other settings you do not want to change!

Astrand1

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL premium
So I just finished installing the MIB2 pq radio into my car. I wanted a smoother interface and CarPlay with a factory look. So I got all that but the cool thing is that with this radio now when I turn off the car the radio stays in until the driver door is opened. ?

CallMeColt

TDI
2012 Passat SE
Well, just got done with all 51 pages of posts.

My cable came in yesterday & I did a few things successfully & a few not so much.

Mirror down - It was asked already but no answer was given. It is enable & I can select it in the vehicles menu, but nothing happens when I go into reverse. Do you need the seat memory function for this to work?

Skimax

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 variant(retired at 330K), 2000 B5 1.8T passat retired, 2013 SE (buyback5/17) 2015 SEL, 2015 E-Golf SEL sold March 2019, 2018 Volt LT and a 2007 PRHT MX5 for fun
Well, just got done with all 51 pages of posts.

My cable came in yesterday & I did a few things successfully & a few not so much.

Mirror down - It was asked already but no answer was given. It is enable & I can select it in the vehicles menu, but nothing happens when I go into reverse. Do you need the seat memory function for this to work?

on our 15SEL if you have the mirror control knob set to R the right mirror does go down on it's own when it is in reverse. I haven't tried it on L, no need to do so. Not sure about whether the memory seat needs to be set. We don't use that function but our SEL does have it.

CallMeColt

TDI
2012 Passat SE
on our 15SEL if you have the mirror control knob set to R the right mirror does go down on it's own when it is in reverse. I haven't tried it on L, no need to do so. Not sure about whether the memory seat needs to be set. We don't use that function but our SEL does have it.

I will give that a try.

The reason I'm thinking you need the memory seats is the mirrors are also remembered in that module & when you go into reverse, it will go to a know position, the back to drive to a remembered position. If you don't have that module, I'd guess the vehicle has no way to remember where the mirror was!

2wheelgnnr

TDI
2020 Passat R-Line(NOT DEISEL)
Sorry to bring up OLD thread but....I wanted to read all the features that can be activated. I dont hae a deisel but a TGI 2020 Passat just bought from dealer as a left over and first say all the features this baby had...tried them all....hardly ANY worked..up further research they can all be done with software..I think they came from Dealer with those all off!!!
Auto close with Rain sensing, pressing remote to roll up down windows... all that crap....manual says it does it..and it doesnt..now dealer 1 week later tells me sure we can do all that just pay the diagnostic fee...

UH I JUST BOUGHT IT 7 days ago...the manual says it can be done... no side note with activation of software...so NO I AINT PAYIN YA... im calling the sales manager...I mean..did all your guys cars come with those features OFF...I still want to get the software for other stuff in future but im not paying a service fee to activate features im supposed to have per my manual!!!!!!

but I will want to do more stuff later for sure...so Im gonna get it.......Loved reading this thread!!!!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Sorry to bring up OLD thread but....I wanted to read all the features that can be activated. I dont hae a deisel but a TGI 2020 Passat just bought from dealer as a left over and first say all the features this baby had...tried them all....hardly ANY worked..up further research they can all be done with software..I think they came from Dealer with those all off!!!
Auto close with Rain sensing, pressing remote to roll up down windows... all that crap....manual says it does it..and it doesnt..now dealer 1 week later tells me sure we can do all that just pay the diagnostic fee...

UH I JUST BOUGHT IT 7 days ago...the manual says it can be done... no side note with activation of software...so NO I AINT PAYIN YA... im calling the sales manager...I mean..did all your guys cars come with those features OFF...I still want to get the software for other stuff in future but im not paying a service fee to activate features im supposed to have per my manual!!!!!!

but I will want to do more stuff later for sure...so Im gonna get it.......Loved reading this thread!!!!
Get VCDS from Ross tech. That is what you need to do these kinds of things and what most of us here use.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I don't think that's true. That would be something adjusted by tuning the ECU, not making an adjustment with VCDS.

-J

TDI
2015 Passat tdi
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the auto-start disable feature when I unlock the car? When I auto-start the car in the AM the car shuts off when I unlock the car which is a bit strange.
no unfortunately that’s the way the engineers decided on setting up the remote start. completely stupid if i ask me , but half those guy i wonder why they did it the way they did

TDI
2012 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
I am currently in my second year of college for automotive technology and work at a VW dealership. I have been given virtually no training with ODIS and our VCIs. I have literally been in a trial by fire regarding the electronic programming. I am very interested to learn more but need a starting point for accessing these coding areas I don't know where to start my journey I guess.

bubblehed281

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium (CVCA)
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the auto-start disable feature when I unlock the car? When I auto-start the car in the AM the car shuts off when I unlock the car which is a bit strange.
Dealership told me when I bought mine (15 passat tdi NMS) the engine cut off after remote start is a "safety" feature.

spepin

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Dealership told me when I bought mine (15 passat tdi NMS) the engine cut off after remote start is a "safety" feature.
I got the same excuse, but it really doesn't make sense. On practically any car with an auto trans, you need to depress the brake pedal to shift it out of park. Just set it up so it shuts the engine off when you hit the brake pedal for safety. Tie it into the hood switch so it will shut off if you open the hood also. All you'd need to do is open the car and press the Start button to get it into "run" mode (from remote start mode). I have an Expedition that's old enough to drink this year (it's a 2003), and that's exactly how its remote start works. As long as you put the key in and turn it to run before pressing the brake (or opening the hood), the engine will stay running.