Auto Window & Sunroof Closing for 2012 Passat?

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
I keep getting conflicting answers on whether or not the 2012 Passat has a way of closing the windows/sunroof from outside the car. The manual "seems" to say that you can--but doesn't tell you how, and the dealer tells me it isn't possible on the 2012. However, someone posted here that one could hold the indentation on the driver/passenger doors and that would do it...that doesn't work for me.

So have any of you w/ the 2012 TDI gotten that auto feature to work?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Im sure the Rosstech guru is digging around the control modules to create a nice updated version to incorporate as many long coding as possible.

If you can't do it from the MFD, then VCDS should be your ticket, just give it time and the software should follow.

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
We are looking into it and hope to find out whether it's possible. I hate to be Debbie Downer but there is a possibility that the CECM in the 2012 Passat just doesn't support that functionality. Remember that in past vehicles, the same or very similar car may be sold in markets (like Germany) where remote windows are activated from the factory. In this case, our Passat is "special".

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW...SOLD..2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black...Now Here
Yes, It can be done. I just had mine done by the owner of myturbodiesel.com. He will be posting videos how to do it. Also set the auto wiper function and set windows and roof to close when rain is sensed. It is amazing to me what can be done and what VW has not already done through the computer. Also removed the horn beep on locking and set fog lights to DRL. Check out his site.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Yes, It can be done. I just had mine done by the owner of myturbodiesel.com. He will be posting videos how to do it. Also set the auto wiper function and set windows and roof to close when rain is sensed. It is amazing to me what can be done and what VW has not already done through the computer. Also removed the horn beep on locking and set fog lights to DRL. Check out his site.
I found these in the forums section.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/...tivation-w-vag-com-vcds-use-rain-sensor-9872/

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/rain-sensor-auto-wiper-retrofit-vw.htm

What I want is a way to disable the ECS system. I see the CC still has the switch on the console to disable the ECS, but they dumped this on the New Passat.

TDICT

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW...SOLD..2012 Passat TDI SEL Black on Black...Now Here
I found these in the forums section.

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/forum/...tivation-w-vag-com-vcds-use-rain-sensor-9872/

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/rain-sensor-auto-wiper-retrofit-vw.htm

What I want is a way to disable the ECS system. I see the CC still has the switch on the console to disable the ECS, but they dumped this on the New Passat.
Hey...Thats my car in the video and me pouring the water. Ed from myturbodiesel.com is a very bright guy and has an outstanding knowledge base on the TDI's.

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
On the owner manual says on page 58 that putting the hand on the Door handle sensors does close the windows and then the sunroof but I have been trying to Dont but is does not do it...it tilt the sunroof only... Ow can get it done by a vag user here in North Texas Metroplex area to activate the raining sensor...any advise ?

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Activating windows with key fob is not available to my knowledge. The only way to lower windows is from inside the driver's door. Hopefully there will be workarounds, but may require a new door controller module.

Last edited:

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Have any one done the software hack to play DVD on montion on the RNS 510 NAV of the 2012 Passat ?
Please advise.

Last edited:

jumpinjoe

TDI
2012 passat tdi
On the owner manual says on page 58 that putting the hand on the Door handle sensors does close the windows and then the sunroof but I have been trying to Dont but is does not do it...it tilt the sunroof only... Ow can get it done by a vag user here in North Texas Metroplex area to activate the raining sensor...any advise ?[/QUOTE

The driver door must be OPEN. Then pressing up and holding the driver window switch on the door will close all open windows first and then the sunroof.

hammersmith

TDI
2012 passat sel tdi
convenience closing--on my 2012 passat sel, if u hold up the driver window control switch it will close all windows and sunroof. if u approach a LOCKED car, open the door and press it down, it opens all windows and sunroof. touch sensor door handle will close sunroof after door locks if u hold it a second or two, but not the window which the manual sez it is supposed to.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
So let me understand this as someone who lives in the Pacific NW where we get rain all the time.

Any time I open a window, even slightly for ventilation, if I set the rain sensor to close the windows and sunroof they will close on me whenever there is even a misting, huh?

How would I keep the window open that small amount?

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
So let me understand this as someone who lives in the Pacific NW where we get rain all the time.

Any time I open a window, even slightly for ventilation, if I set the rain sensor to close the windows and sunroof they will close on me whenever there is even a misting, huh?

How would I keep the window open that small amount?
No, it only works when the vehicle is off.

brent_strong

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Hah, yeah. I saw someone mention they wanted factory delivery as an option. That would have been GREAT for me! Chattanooga is a cool town as well, in case anyone ends up in the area. The aquarium is top-notch!

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Others have posted this, but on my April 2012 car I am able to open and close the sunroof with the locking remote. Hopefully we can figure out how to do the windows in due time :)

-J

Niner

duplicate account, banned
Sent my serial hex cable back in to Ross Tech, they shipped my USB Hex Can today. Whoo Hoo! Play time! but I got no sunroof to play with... Just windows, rain sensors and DRLS... I am very tempted to get some LED bulbs for my DRL's so I can look cool while driving with just a slight bluish tint to my DRL's. However, I do really like those L shaped chinese LED tail lights. Just too cheap to spend the money when some uninsured illegal asshat could rear end you , destroy them, and the insurance company wouldn't replace them with the correct type.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Another Easter egg with VCDS is being able to adjust the intensity (voltage) of the exterior lights. If you don't think your headlights are bright enough, turn them up. If you want your DRLs to last longer, dim them a bit. :cool:

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Open/Closing of sunroof via key fob?

I've seen that it's possible to open and close the sunroof with the locking remote but I don't see the coding/instructions here anywhere in the forums. Can someone please advice?